Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To cut or not to cut...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wendy Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendy Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To cut or not to cut...
    Posted: March 19 2007 at 12:43am

Should I sacrifice some length for a more evened out style? I've been good and haven't trimmed it or done much with it, mostly putting it up. I would like to wear it down more, especially since it is long enough to feel it on my shouldersWink The problem is the last time I went to the woman who usually does my hair she razor cut it instead of using scissors and thinned it out too much. She has cut it this why before but this time went too far and made it look awful. It has grown out and filled in but the layers are so choppy and uneven I hurts me to see it down. I want to get it evened out but I may loose an inch or two in the process. Should I go to a good reputation salon that I've been to in the past (but a little pricey) and get it taken care of or just keep putting it up and ignoring it. If it meant a healthier look would you agree to lose a couple of inches? Note: this will probably make my hair an inch above my shoulders. Some opinions would be a great help. Thanks in advance!

Btw: You can kinda see my style on a good hair day in my profile pic, the back is an inch longer than the sides.
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 5:37am

The few times I've had my hair layered, I always ended up hating it and feeling I couldn't do anything with it. I was always willing to sacrifice some length to get it back to one length. I can't explain it, but it almost felt longer when it was one length even though it was shorter!

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 10:35am
      Actually, Weny Kim, I think your hair lays nicely now. I believe that a trim at this juncture might prove discouraging. Plus, with summer coming, it might be easier to get your present length off your neck.
      If you do choose to continue going to salons for trims (I have a huge "trust" issue when it comes to DW's hair. BAD memories! lol), the moment your stylist picks up the razor, RUN!!! Wishing you success, Bob Hug
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 6:32pm

WendyKim,

It is your own choice what to do what you want with the layers you have now.  BUT.... I personally would NOT cut it just yet.  You are much more critical of how your hair appears than how others actually see it. (You see the faults that we don't).  If you can "put up with it" then "put up with it" a little untill it is much longer.

I actually think your hair loks great the way it is, and I could forsee it looking great as it grows out, too.

Edited by gypsydoll - March 19 2007 at 6:34pm
Jen, (1a/f/ii)
Wendy Kim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wendy Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2007 at 9:02pm
Thanks for all of the advice, I'll wait it out and see how it grows out before trimming it again.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2007 at 9:08pm
like bob said summers coming which means an increase of hair growth so those layers will get better
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic