Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spikes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spikes
    Posted: April 03 2007 at 2:24am
Does anyone know what products are used to spike short hair and keep it stiff all day long.  I cut the top of my long hair short due to a fire accident and want to try something different.  I've tryed a couple of gels and a putty but nothing kept it sticking up all day.    Any ideas or hints?  I'm white with gray hair.
She Creatures Unite......
brunett_bunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brunett_bunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 1:12pm
i have the same problem but i have very short hair like an inch. its longer in the front like posh's but i cant get even the back to spike up. i've tried molding wax, texturing dirt, mousse and lota more
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2007 at 3:56pm
When my hair was that length if I wanted it to spike up I would first add pomade(which works for me).Then I would wet my hair where i wanted it to or lay flat depending on my mood.And then I would let it dry and add a little more pomade and shape my hair into position.this method works well for getting hair to spike or lay really flat.My hair didnt want to stay down at that length so I usually was trying o get it to lay flat. I was able to do it without any kind of heat.But if you use a blowdryer after putting in the pomade or whatever into wet hair and blow it in an upward direction it will help it spike up more and help it stay in place for alot longer.After you blowdry take a smidge of product and break up your hair into spikes with your fingers.

I'm sure the stuff you already have would work.The molding wax probably the best.I wouldnt bother with the mousse.

Edited by Longhairdreams - April 03 2007 at 3:56pm
tashanicole86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tashanicole86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2007 at 9:51pm
Try using Ice. I think that's what the name of it was, or this was this other stuff that was cheap at Target by Got2B, I can't remember the actual name of it. It was thick, but it worked and stayed in almost all day.
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 2:30am
Thanks for the good ideas.  I'll try the pomade and blow dryer.  I've used Clear Ice gel.  It does make my hair stiff. I'm thinking my short hair might be too long.  And I'm chicken to cut it any shorter.  It's just the top and it's about 2 or 3 inches long.    I'll keep playing around with various products til I figure out what works for my hair type.
mayglenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayglenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 2:33pm
Hell No,  Get Murray's Pomade, just keep in mind, its a little hard to get out, so dont use alot at once.

Murray's comes in a tin orange can.

its really thick pomade, and its GREAT. you have to use it to believe it.
mayglenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayglenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 2:35pm
by the way, they have it at walgreens. look HARD. lol.
SeaSiren View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2007 at 3:10pm
There isn't a Walgreens where I live, but I'll be going down to Los Angeles this month and will look for some Murray's ......thanks.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2007 at 8:15pm
I have to use a strong hold hairspray following the pomade or mud before my hair will stay up.  I have also found that it does better when the top is pretty short--no more than two inches.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic