Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Restylane Injections in lips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fashion Girl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fashion Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Restylane Injections in lips
    Posted: April 03 2007 at 8:33pm
Okay, I've finally decided to make the appointment with my Dermatologist for Restylane in my lips. I'm pretty excited because I've been wanting to do this for a long time, but have been talked out of it by friends and family. I have nice shapely lips, but just want to add a little va va voom to them. Lips are the first thing I notice on the face.

Anyway, anyone out there who recently went through this procedure to give me advice before, during and after? The only thing I'm worried about is having "duck lips". I am going to a great doctor who specializes in this procedure, but there is always room to worry.

I was told it could take a week for the swelling to go down and could have some bruising. Other than that, can makeup cover so it won't be noticable that I've had anything done???

Hope someone can help. Thanks.
Fashion Girl
Bumps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 6:01pm
Hello,
I get my Restylane done about every 8 months.  I too, was very worried about looking like Mr. Limpit!  I told my doctor that I just wanted the procedure done to fill in the lines around my lips and to bring them back to what they were when I was younger and NOTHING more!!  Tell your doctor that you would rather come back in for more added than be unhappy with too much.  But, the good news is that there is a simply solution that can be injected to the site that will breakdown the Restylane and dissapate it unlike Radiance that you're stuck with for about a year and a half!!!!  I use it, also in the Marrionette lines to fill them in.

As far as bruising and swelling, if you have a good doctor, it should be minimal.  I have never even had to use makeup to cover anything up.  You won't want to go out dancing immediately after the procedure (Especially if you're given a dental block) but by the next morning, you should be good to go!

Good luck!
Stupidity Should Be Painful!
allyssa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allyssa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 8:46pm
what is the average cost for the lips?
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 6:01am
I'd like to know that too. I'v been thinking of getting this done.
gatorfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2007 at 11:32am
I've had my lips done a couple of times.  Depending on how much you get is how they determine the price.  The first time I got 1 mL for my upper lip to fill in and define the lip and then I started getting 2 mL for mostly my upper lip, a small scar on my face (above my lip) and a little in my lower lip.  The cost for 1 mL is $425 (my doctor).  It lasts for months and I love it!  I get the dental block because I found it very painful to get the injections without it.  With me it took only a day or two before I was going out again.  I think it's different for everyone.  I did notice that once it was a little lumpy (you couldn't see it, but I felt it) and that went away after a while....no big deal but I had a habit of constantly playing with my new lips.. haha  I would recommend it to friends and family!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2007 at 4:15pm
Thanks for sharing gatorfan!Smile
rollerGrrL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollerGrrL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2007 at 6:35am
This is interesting! Does anyone have any pics to show before & after?
i feel it rolling through me.. i got the roller boogie..
wvulovey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wvulovey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2008 at 1:46pm
I got 1 vile put in my top lip and it cost me 400 dollars. Couldnt see a differnce and what you could see lasted just 3 months.

Getting Juvaderm which is mroe epensive but you get more, lasts longer and plumps more.
anitalove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anitalove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2010 at 11:01am
I need about 10 vile because I keep walking into doors - this may help :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic