Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

urgent questions for my curly hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BlasianBella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlasianBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: urgent questions for my curly hair!
    Posted: May 12 2007 at 8:19am
Alright.
So, I'v decided to stop trying to get straight hair & I'm sticking to my natural very curly hair.
Since my hair hasn't been curly alot for years it doesn't want to get curly.
It's been really frizzy near the roots.
So I want to know what you think I should use on my hair between the products I buy and some you know would be good.
I have combination hair, asian and african american, so it's very thick and sometimes coarse.
I bought John Frieda's Dream Curls spray thing & I'm going to use that.
But I was wondering about mousse or gel.
Which one do you think would be better?

For mousse I would either use Garnia Fructics curl construct or the Herbel essense Totally Twisted.
Or I might want to use Pentene Pro V Curling gel.
Which one do you think is better to use for nice curls. Mousse, or gel?
& If you have any other ideas I would love to hear them!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2007 at 7:11am
I always preferred mousse because gel was too hard to evenly distribute through my long thick hair.  But now I use plain aloe vera gel (lotion type).  I like it very much.  However, it doesn't have alot of hold, so you may find mousse more useful until your hair gets into shape.

I'm so happy to hear that you've decided to go natural!  Good luck!
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
stargazer026 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer026 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 1:19am
There are alot of great african american hairdressers that stock specific products for african american hair like oils for really dry hair I had my hair braided once and they gave me this oil for the hair and scalp it was a mix of natural oils and stuff it worked but made my hair too oily as Im not african american or I used too much but it made my hair really soft and shiny.... Ive been using schwarrzcopf bonacure moistre kick for course curly and wavy hair and i love it... and also pantene curl revive I have to get some of as I ran out today Ive also used dream curls but found it did weigh down curls and made it frizzy too It now sits it the back of the cupboard, though I found frizz -ease hair serum great  for my hair ....spose it depends on your hair but too well hope you find something that works for you xo
stargazer026 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stargazer026 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2007 at 1:26am

http://www.treasuredlocks.com/blhacafa.html you might find this link interesting...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic