Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fixing Orange

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pixiefox77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixiefox77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fixing Orange
    Posted: May 20 2007 at 10:37pm
Hi All,

So I had not dyed my hair since January and at that time was using semi permanent (I didn't need to redye for so long because I had dyed my hair blonde last year and later put semi perm in a light brown and the hair sucked it up so the semi never came out).  The other day I decided I wanted to lighten it up a bit.  To a honey dark blonde.  I bought a dark neutral blonde (permanent) thinking that would do it, but I ended up with a muddy two toned look.  So I bought a red (permanent) I used to love ( I thought going red would be easier). I got a two toned dark red thing.  So I used a color remover and got my hair to an orange shade and re dyed with the red. It didn't take.  Well it may have taken, but the hair is still light orange (think red wig left in the sun for a looong time).  I don't mind an orange shade of red- I prefer it to the burgundy tones- but this needs to go.  My hair feels a bit dry, but not too bad (it has felt worse after salon jobs).  I don't think adding a permanent is the answer, but maybe a semi or a toner.  Either toning down/ darkening this shade of red/ orange- or adding an ash blonde temporary over my current color to get a medium gold/ beige blonde.  Which would achieve better results?  I am planning on calling the manufacturer of the dye in the am- but would like to hear from you guys.  I don't mind being red or medium blonde- I just want the most even results.  Sorry for the long post...  Thanks in advance!Big%20smile

Pixiefox77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixiefox77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 9:27am
Ok, I spoke with the manufacturer- but I still want your help.  They said I need to give my hair a rest and deep condition- which I can do till Wednesday (Thursday I have to go out of town and I'm no going anywhere like this).  They said I need to do a permanent neutral dark blonde, that is my only option.  I really don't want to do that since I will probably end up with exactly what I started with.  If I do that color, but apply it to wet hair will it soak in less and be not as dark?  Anyone have experience with this?
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2007 at 3:15pm
Remeber tint won't lift tint, so your adding colour on top of colour and ending up with all sorts of muddy colours that are fading quickly and leaving you with bands of colour at your roots, middle lengths and ends.

My profestional opinon, is go to a salon and let them fix it. It may be a little costly, but better that, than causing more stress to your hair.

Sorry, Karen

Edited by karen s - May 21 2007 at 3:17pm
karen sanderson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic