Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new here - sorry long post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BunnyWabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyWabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new here - sorry long post
    Posted: June 25 2007 at 10:50pm
I particpate on many other sections of the HB forums but this is the first time I've come to visit the long hair section.

I've been trying to grow my hair to 'mermaid' length as I call it- essentially long enough for moderate to full (since my hair is thickish) of my chest. I started this goal probably 5 years ago, but between dying, straightening (as its naturally quite curly) and just misscare I haven't gotten anywhere close. Longest was about 1/2" within BSL I think. I've gone through some massive health issues in the past that have caused a mild form of temporary hair loss as well, which has definately not helped. I'm also occasionally put extensions in, but never anything too heavy, never with super strong or scary bonds - I use them mostly so I don't have to touch my hair color when chemicals if I'm silly and want blue in my hair. 

I'm trying to take steps in the right direction. I just wanted some imput in what I'm doing and if I could be doing more.

*I recently dyed back to my natural color (ok a lil darker) to stop using permanent dyes -
*I'm currently using only demis and plan on switching to indigo for a nice near black shade.
*I don't use heat products often and if I do I use a heat protectant.
*I use mositurizing color specific shampoos and conditioners - I rarely use clairfying though because it fades color faster.
*I take general vitamins and a biotin supplement.
*I use gentle shampoos/conditioners and shampoo probably 3x per week
any other suggestions?

Edited by BunnyWabbit - June 25 2007 at 10:55pm
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 2:43pm
     My only advice, Bunny, is not to stress about it. In my eyes, it is rare when damage is so great that chopping brings an improvement. I enjoy seeing different shades within the same head of hair, and I think that lots of others do as well. Enjoy what you have, and within the next couple of years you *will* have hair to flaunt. Blessings, Bob Big%20smile 
BunnyWabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyWabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 5:10pm
Its actually very healthy right now, and has been for a while. But it dosen't seem to want to grow any. Though I've never been very patient!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2007 at 5:58pm
You seem to be on the right track, just keep on it.  I've been on my "quest" for about 7 years now and have only gained 10 inches, but my hair is alot healthier and in much better condition now.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic