Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hiya

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hiya
    Posted: June 30 2007 at 3:58am
Hi, I haven't been on this forum for ages! Just dropping in to give a brief update. My hair isn't quite as long as it is in my siggy now-Its just past my waist and I had it gently layered around my face although the hairdresser left the back alone mostly so as not to spoil the 'sheet' effect! I'm off the CO, WO and am back to shampooing and conditioning once a week. I'm not so bothered about achieving loooong hair now but I'm enjoying my hair like it is at the moment and am battling the "I wonder what I'd look like with short hair" demons who keep popping up inside my head...

Nice to see lots of different people now.  Anyone still here who remembers me?

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Amazing Grace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazing Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2007 at 7:42am
Hi LadyFrog - yes, I remember you.

I'm also back after a "vacation" from the board.  Last summer I whacked nine inches off my hair during a month-long hospital stay - that just wasn't a good time to have long hair!  It took off all the damaged parts and let me restart the growing journey with healthy virgin hair.  Now it's about two inches from BSL and looking good. 

The dramatic cut was frustrating, but I think worth the long-term results since I would have otherwise had to spend years trimming to get rid of the damage.  (However, I don't recommend this method for everyone!)
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2007 at 3:06pm
     Big%20smile Hey, Lady Frog. Welcome back! You are right. Those hair-cutting thoughts *are* demonic! (lol) Try a short wig instead.  (I'm not TOO prejudiced, am I?) Blessings, Bob Wink 
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 3:48pm
Oooh wigs! I like playing with wigs...but yeah I have decided to tell myself to stop being stupid and keep my hair long! It suits me better, looks prettier and is (in my opinion) more sexy and classy. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Kitty Kat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kitty Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2007 at 1:17pm

Hi LadyFrog!

I remember you!!! I lurked on this board for a very long time and just started posting things maybe six months ago. I've noticed that a lot of people who used to get on here when I first started coming around aren't here anymore.

Anyway, glad you've come to your senses and decided to leave your hair long. It's beautiful. I must confess I've been finding myself tempted to get it cut too. After being patient enough to get it to BSL, I'd really be mad at myself if I got it cut. It's harder for me to have long hair in the summer. It doesn't always behave well and it's so hot on those humid days. But I'm going to try to hang in there...like you!

tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2007 at 11:04am
Hi LadyFrog.  Of course we remember you.  I was curious to see how the WO went so thanks for the update.  I know you were having some success with it when you were hanging around here more frequently.  We've stopped the CO all the time and have switched to CO most of the time with a diluted shampoo of the scalp preceded by a good conditioning about once a week.  Jennifer's hair does feel a bit drier, but we like the fluffy look of her hair with some shampoo.  It's good to hear from you and an updated pic would be nice sometime ;-).  I've always thought your hair is gorgeous!

Edited by tdouty - July 05 2007 at 11:04am

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic