Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wash everyday?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shanarana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanarana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wash everyday?
    Posted: July 10 2007 at 8:47am
Does anyone wash their hair everyday?  The only time I go without washing is if I don't have to work......otherwise, with the products I put in my hair, if I wear it down, will just sit there until I wash it out, and after sleeping with stuff in my hair, the next morning it's a mess.

24" of hair as of 7/7/07 Goal: 33"
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 8:27pm
I don't put any products in my hair, and my scalp stays clean for at least several days (lately it's tended toward fewer days rather than more Unhappy ).  When the weather (Florida!) is cool, mild or warm, my scalp stays clean for almost a full week, but when it's hot, not as long.  I've been washing my hair twice a week lately.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 10:52am
I have been outside,and very active lately, and have had to wash about every other day. It is very hot here, right now, so any amount of time spent outside, you get pretty sweaty.I normally like to only wash about 1-2x a week. this past week  I have been trieing to get away from shampooing as much as I can, so I have been doing a co wash everyday.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Shanarana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shanarana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 12:17pm
I would like to be able to do that also, but I have to at least put something in my hair or it just won't keep a style.....wish I didn't have to use anything, but not brave enough yet to just do it and accept it the way it is....el natural.Embarrassed
24" of hair as of 7/7/07 Goal: 33"
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Shanarana Shanarana wrote:

I would like to be able to do that also, but I have to at least put something in my hair or it just won't keep a style.....wish I didn't have to use anything, but not brave enough yet to just do it and accept it the way it is....el natural.Embarrassed

Try aloe vera gel for a styling product.  That's about all I've used for the past several years.  It minimizes frizz and fluff but without the stiff hold.  I wet my hair in the morning with a spray bottle and it bounces back to life.  I shampoo my hair usually twice a week depending on the weather and my activities.  Sometimes on in-between days I will wet my hair (in the shower or under the faucet) and use conditioner as if I had already washed it.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 7:01pm
i wet my hair in the morning a little bit and add a little root lifter spray helps a lot. Makes it smell great and keeps that bed head look away without haveing to wash it.
Babycheeks
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2007 at 12:22pm
i usely jus CO if i'm goin somewhere which is practically every day lol. try to cut back on the shampoo...... maybe once every other week
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic