Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which chemicals are a NonO!?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which chemicals are a NonO!?
    Posted: July 10 2007 at 9:20am

I remember reading somewhere about cones that do not actually end in "one" Can someone please clarify what they are, and also, is there somewhere  where we can find a list of the chemicals that are bad for your hair. I basically go with anything  laureyl/laureth being bad, but I just thought I would be sure.Thanks

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 8:20pm
Along with words ending in -cone are those ending in -siloxane.  There may be others, too. A bit more info on the topic...

http://en.mimi.hu/beauty/silicone.html

http://www.cibasc.com/index/ind-index/ind-per_car/ind-pc-silicones.htm

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5306434.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siloxane

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 10:18am

Great!! Thanks for the sites. I keep looking for -cones, but I just knew that there had to be other ones out there.

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2007 at 7:29pm
Im going to be a little stickler and say anything that isnt pure organic is a chemical. I just dont do it.
Babycheeks
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2007 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by babycheeks24 babycheeks24 wrote:

Im going to be a little stickler and say anything that isnt pure organic is a chemical. I just dont do it.

I'm with you on that point.  I make alot of my own stuff like lotions, bath salts, foot scrubs, special hair treatments, etc.  I will not add any synthetic or chemical ingredients in anything I make.
But she was asking which ones are the worst for your hair, I think.  I don't go totally chemical-free, but I try to go as natural as possible without paying outrageous prices.  Also, I've figured out that I simply cannot use organic shampoo exclusively.  I get scalp build-up really bad and it gets itchy and nasty.  (I rinse very thoroughly, so it's not that)  So I just try to stick to ones that contain sulfates but with alot of herbal/botanical ingredients.  I only use it on my scalp anyway, so I don't think it's going to cause that much damage. 
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2007 at 9:22am

I am sure that there are soooo many out there that are "bad", and I know that each  head of hair will respond diferently, such as to cones.

I recently started to ust all soft by redken, and I really like it, but I am kind of nervous, because I am not very knowledgeable about chemicals, so I thought I would try to learn more.From what I can tell, it has two cones, which I can deal with, as long as I clarify. Any more, and I normall don't like the way my hair responds.
 It surprises me that I like it with the two cones In the past, any more than one, and my hair would go almost straight and flat
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic