Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 Months Ago Today......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JB521 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 Months Ago Today......
    Posted: August 10 2007 at 8:02pm
3 Months ago today, I got butchered at the salon. Trying to grow out my hair from what was originally a razor cut...made it to a short bob....little longer....then HACKED. Don't need to go back into that again..
My hair is so thick and full and bushed out. My problem is that I need a trim and shape up :(  but can't seem to TRUST anyone to do what I ask :(

What do I do you guys? IO hate my hair right now and I need a shape up and ends dusted off. How do you find a stylist that's long hair friendly and won't undoe my progress?? You guys will laugh at this I'm sure, but I am 7 inches at longest and 5 and 6 in layers. It is long to me :(  I can't let someone undoe this but I don't trust them bit my hair needs SHAPE! I look like a puff ball :( (sigh..)    Cry

came from a super-short razor cut. CG since April 2008
3a-M-iii

KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 11:07am

This is a tough one, only because it's clear you don't trust stylists after what happened to you (can't blame you).  The problem is, with the style you have it might be tough to ask a friend to trim it.  If your hair was straight and one length, no layers - I'd say ask a friend or even do it yourself.  But with thick, layered hair that needs "shaping" - I'm not sure if letting a non-professional do it is a good idea.

Maybe what you should do is call a reputable salon in your neighborhood and request a sit-down consultation with a stylist, explaining what your goals are for your hair length and then explaining in no uncertain terms that you don't want to work with a stylist who is only going to cut your hair according to his or her vision of what your hairstyle should be.  See if you get a good feeling and can trust the person.  I know it seems like an awful lot to go through when all you want is a trim, but it's important to find a stylist you trust.  Otherwise, going to the salon is only going to be an experience in anxiety.  Do you want to go through that everytime you need a trim?

Maybe once the layers have grown in, it'll be easier to trim it yourself. 

SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 12:55pm
i'm really sorry bout that.... i was goin through the same thing when i was growing my hair out from a chin length bob...... i didn't go to a stylist but just toughed it out bu i agree with KB have a sit down and tell them that if you are not satisfied with the cut that you will NOT pay them which is well within your rights as a customer.  or you can google some long-haired salons in your neighborhood.... i don't really go to salons so i'm pretty much useless in this area but it hope this helps :) good luck!!!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 2:19pm
    Hello, JB. I agree with Sugarcube, BUT... I'd suggest going back to that salon ONLY to express your dissatisfaction. Tell them why you'll never set foot in there again! They need to hear this. Angry
    As for your situation, comfort yourself by remembering that this unhappy grow-out will be your last! All you need to do now is trim the very tips in back until the day comes when you are satisfied how it comes together. Then, get someone you trust to trim 1/4-1/2" once or twice a year at most until you reach your goal. With your shortest hairs at 5" now, you are close enough to taste success. If you're careful, I think you can use a quick curling iron when you're tired of clip-back pins. Good luck, Bob Wink
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 8:20am

oh and you can accesories with cute head bands and big earrings so your hair can look wild without it lookin bad that way you can maintain your length without havin to suffer from fashion disaster bubbles lolz hth..... oh and try using extra condish to weigh the hair down :]]

JB521 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JB521 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 8:22pm
Thank You KB. I'm going to do this. I have an appt. at Macy's next wk (23rd). We will "talk" before  any wash or clips.  eople at work recomended her. but no CLIP till we are on the same PAGE.

Thanks Bob, and you too... Sugar.....I just feel like a wreck :(  Thanks you guys...

Julia
came from a super-short razor cut. CG since April 2008
3a-M-iii

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic