Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BIL's Wife Re-grows Hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIL's Wife Re-grows Hair!
    Posted: August 13 2007 at 3:55pm
     Well, my BIL's wife Linda has hair to kill for. When we first met, about 8 years ago, her hair was natural blonde to her shoulders, with a natural, perfect wave that women spend mucho bucks to achieve. Three years ago, right before our visit, she had her locks cut super short, breaking BIL's heart. Cry
     Linda has stunning, chiseled features, so her 2" crop looked really nice on her. But, for the first time, she looked her age, and since her hair looked permed, it added to the overall impression of a somewhat older woman. She seemed very pleased with herself, though, so I expected the short locks to stay. (Esp. since she was 48.)
     So, a few weeks ago, when we saw her at a party, I was shocked to see that she'd grown it back and then some. I said nothing, but at some point I overheard her discussing its length with others. She was saying that her mom was constantly rebuking her about it, and reminding her that she is 51 now. (I'm sure it's great to be reminded about that! lol)
     At that point, I had to pipe in. I said, "Linda, your hair is awesome and so much prettier than any short cut I see. And the older the woman, the more long hair is an asset, in my eyes. If it's beautiful, and you love it, screw short haircuts!" Yes, I said "screw".  Oh well, she seemed quite happy to hear my confirmation of her own thoughts. Blessings, Bob Wink
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 6:14pm
Bob,
As a 47-year-old growing out a shoulder length cut, I am happy to hear that report!
Katherine
222chik222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222chik222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 10:41pm
If you suit long hair then go for it! i always think ill be one of those old ladies that will have long grey hair tied in a bun haha like Mrs Horton off Days of our lives (if shes still alive even).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic