Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This is some loooooooooong hair - photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is some loooooooooong hair - photos
    Posted: August 22 2007 at 3:18pm
Dai Yueqin shows her 4.2-meter-long hair in Tongxiang, east China Zhejiang Province March 24, 2005. Dai has kept her hair uncut for 26 years since she was 14 years old.

Whatever hair vitamins they use - I want some!

Edited by Kimbearly - August 22 2007 at 3:20pm
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 3:58pm
OMG i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! reminds me of a modern day rapunzel x 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!droolwhy won't my hair grow like that lol
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 5:29pm
OOOHHH MY GOODNESS !!! Can you imagine taking care of a head of hair like that ?!showoff 
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
hustle-and-flow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hustle-and-flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 8:38pm
holy f**k man das so long
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2007 at 9:36pm
oh my gosh, that does remind me of rapunzel . I wonder how long it takes to comb their hair.
tomorrowperfume View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomorrowperfume Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 3:56pm
I wonder how she wears it - any bun or braid would be way too heavy. Maybe she braids it and wraps it around her body, because I can't imagine letting it trail around behind her everywhere she goes.
30 inches; 2a/M/iii
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 4:18pm

She wears her hair like this...

It still must be heavy though.  She must have a huge collection of scarfs.  AMAZING!!!
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2007 at 7:53pm
Wow I cant even imagine how that would be to take care of I be be extremely happy with knee length.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
chitraa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chitraa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 11:06pm
wow thats real long- how to handle it
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 1:39pm
I had the pleasure of meeting Dai Yue Qin recently.  She is a delightfully charming woman.

oh*so*sassy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh*so*sassy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2007 at 3:27pm
That's incredible.  I'd love to know what she does do for hair care- regimen, etc.
How did you meet up with her, Dave?
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 9:59pm
Hey Oh so... I met her through some mutual friends.  She seems to travel around the world a bit, being semi-famous for her hair.  Watching her comb out her hair is surreal.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 7:20am
They say that hair is dead--and this woman's hair looks completely dead just after her middle back. Such a mass of dead hair is a complete turn off for me (though I like moderately long hair--waist as the absolute limit).
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2007 at 9:04am
I don't think it looks "dead". Maybe the ends are a little dry in the picture of her alone standing on the stool. But for the most part I think it looks pretty darn good!Clap Personally, I don't think I could let me hair get that long, but I totally commend her ( and anyone else) who can!Hug

Edited by Alisa06 - September 14 2007 at 9:05am
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
ambie147 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambie147 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2007 at 7:43pm
I dont understand why someone would grow there hair so long though =/
and then to top it off grow it so long and it must be harder to take care just to put it up in a scarf.
Seraphina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seraphina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 12:09pm
I remember reading about this lady. Apparently she has a phobia about cutting her hair after it was shaved when she was young owing to a skin complaint, that is why she has left it grow.  Her hair has an unusually long life span as well, so not many people would be able to grow their hair that long regardless of them not cutting it.

Her hair is simply magnificent! Clap
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

They say that hair is dead--and this woman's hair looks completely dead just after her middle back. Such a mass of dead hair is a complete turn off for me (though I like moderately long hair--waist as the absolute limit).

So hair is "dead," whether it's 10 feet from your head, or 1 inch from your head.  So what's your point, fatmoo?  I guess my hair is dead too -- and so is yours.   Should you or anybody else feel badly about it?  I don't think so.

Oh, and could you please use the word "dead" a few more times?  That way I only hear that word, and the rest of the words fade away. Tongue (just kidding)

Sure, like the length of long that you prefer.  Great!  But we are not here in this Forum to decide what length is "best suited" or "most appropriate" for other people.  We are simply here to support those who want to have long hair.

Edited by DaveDecker - September 27 2007 at 9:38pm
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by ambie147 ambie147 wrote:

I dont understand why someone would grow there hair so long though =/
and then to top it off grow it so long and it must be harder to take care just to put it up in a scarf.

Everybody has their own personal reasons for the way they choose to wear their hair.  You do as well, I'm sure -- and whatever it is, none of us here will question it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic