Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bye

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bye
    Posted: August 26 2007 at 10:16am
Hey guys well ummm i won't be here for a while bc of school Deadand other reasonsdrums. so bye guys see ya latermissyou:]
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 10:26am
I am sorry to see you go SC.Cry I hope you will be back to visit sometime. Keep your head up, your eyes on the future, and listen with your heart.Good growing.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 1:41pm
thanks Alisa. that means a lot. School starts 2morrow and i have the toughest IPC, ALgebra1, Adv. Dance and Choir teachers not to mention Dissertation. But i need these extra classes to get into a good high school. i'm gonna miss ya'll sooooo much. i try and come back when school settles down i they don't delete my account lol. much luv~ Miri
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 2:41pm

{{{{{{Miri}}}}}}

As a singer and dancer myself -
You will be missed here.
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 3:54pm
thanks i'll try and pop in from time to time but it probably won't be everyday. maybe once a week or so but i'll make sure to post if i do anything major! lol. oh and did i tell you? (boy gab alert lol) the guy i like is going to be there tomorrow and i'm performing at his game and prob gonna be in the front line! cross your fingers cus i knew he used to like me but i don't know because of the summer ( remember that other guy i told ya'll about? yeah well i didn't know till later that he liked me and i told him i liked the other guy so i hope his feelings aren't hurt lol Confused). luv ya'll so much and Kimbearly i didn't know you sing n dance?! lol
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 5:24pm
Wow, this is going to sound strange, but..... I am also a dancer. I used to compete in tap and ballet growing up. The small town I live in is no longer going to have a dance studio. The 1 that was here drove in from 2 hrs away once a week and are not coming back. A few moms I know, have convinced me to start teaching. LOL
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 11:07pm
Good luck, SC!  Check in and do share pics when you get a chance.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2007 at 11:31pm

Alisa, all I have to say is - GO FOR IT GIRL!!!!

and for you Miss Miri, I have a special good bye dance just for you.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 7:40am
Good luck in school Miri!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 6:59pm
hey got to pop in real quick. omg ppl are sooo mean!!! i had my hair down as usual and some creeps were like dude your hair is sooo puffy! want the ball shaggy?! and etc. i got so mad i flicked em off and said some things i shouldn;t have. i know if was rude to do that but at the time i was mad and the whole lot of them were laughing like there was no tomorrow. one guy even ventured to say " Miri why are you so ugly/ and your hair ugh!" now not to seem concieted but i think i'm pretty and to have someone say that was really hurtfulCry. but my friends said i looked fine but still ya know? good thing there are good ppl like you and my friends. oh well he's a loser anyway lolBig%20smile. gtg bavk to work peacebike2
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2007 at 8:03pm

{{{{Miri}}}}} Hugs sweetie.  One thing I have learned is to use psychology when it comes to people with low brain activity.  If someone tells you something negative, shoot back a positive - it really confuses them.  What they are trying to do is get you mad - so don't let them.  For example:  Miri, your hair is so puffy.  You then say,"I love my hair".  Miri, your so ugly (sounds like their jealous hon).  "Really?, I can't please everyone.  Have you looked in the mirror yourself?"  After you say this, just walk away.  If they are still saying things when your walking away, turn around and blow them a kiss - .  Then whip your head around and walk away like your Tyra Banks on the runway.

After awhile these "jerks" will find someone else to bother, since they know they are not bothering you.  Keep your head high and smile - you know your beautiful and that is what counts.

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 3:17pm
     Hey Miri, pop in any time. You've been a treat! As for people poking fun, know that most women would trade manes with you in a nano-second if they could! Blessings, Bob LOL 
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 9:23pm
Hey Miri, don't let the jerks bother you.  We here are telling you the truth when we say that your hair is gorgeous -- have no doubt about that fact!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 10:18pm
I absolutely, positively agree with Kimbearly! If let them know that what they are doing is getting a reaction out of you, they will keep coming back to get the same reaction. If what they are doing is not causing a reaction, they will not keep coming back! It might take some time to get used to masking how hurt you are by what they are saying, but just keep telling yourself that IT IS NOT THE TRUTH! It IS JEALOUSY, at its black,ripe,core. We have been there, sweaty, and I am sure I can speak for the rest of us, when I say that there were times we wish we could do over.
 I,myself have been where you are, getting picked on. I never turned away, I let them get to me, and continue to tease. It lasted my whole high school ! You have to stand Strong, be courageous, and at least act like what they are saying or doing is not in the least bothering you, because you have way to many important things to do with your life than to worry what an insecure, self-hating, sorrowful soul has to say about you. Hug

Edited by Alisa06 - September 04 2007 at 10:19pm
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 10:31pm
Miri, for some reason, I just saw your sig phrase.I don't know why I did not see it before, did you change it? I am going to take a stab, here, and asume that you are a Christian?
I am a born again Christian ,myslelf, and I would like to take the moment to incourage you as sister in christ. As long you a you are secure in who you are to Christ,it doesn't matter what anyone thinks! What matters is that you are  daughter to the King of Kings,the creator of all things,and He died so that you may live life to the fullest through His grace, and love,and might spend eternity with Him!  When He was on the cross, He saw your face, and mine, and everyone through the ages, this is what kept Him up there, He knew that w/ out Him doing  what He did, we would be lost in darkness forever. He loves you that much, so when you are being tormented, and abused by someone who does not know love, remember just how much He loves you, and smile because nothing in this world will,or can ever change it! W loveHeart

I am sorry if I affended anyone here, this was something that was on my heart.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Kimbearly Kimbearly wrote:

After you say this, just walk away.  If they are still saying things when your walking away, turn around and blow them a kiss - .  Then whip your head around and walk away like your Tyra Banks on the runway.

That is such a good idea Kimbearly!  If I saw a girl do that to people picking on her, I'd have so much respect for her I'd probably cheer and clap! 

You know Miri, those boys are just looking for someone to put down to make themselves feel more powerful, if you take it in stride like Kimbearly said, but don't let them see they upset you, they probably will quit. 

Man, what a pain those mean kids have so many problems they have to do that to nice people.  I wouldn't go back to school for million bucks!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
tani-lai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tani-lai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 10:47am
Not sure how I missed this topic--I hope things are going better now, and you've been able to take Kimbearly's advice!  Those boys are probably still stuck at the maturity level of 7 year olds--when you have to insult a girl to get her attention.  Maybe some day they will figure out it doesn't work like that...

31"!!
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 6:04pm
thanks everyone yeah kimbearly i took your advice it was sooo funnycheer
idiot: hey miri can i ask you something?
me:wut?
idiot: why is your hair soo big! i mean i could get lost in that ( turns to friends and laughs)
me: (gives a sickly sweet smile/chuckle with innocent look) thank you that means soooo much!
idiot and friends: ( looking bewildred and confused)
me: what don't you have anything to add?....... nope?..... guess not ( swings hair and walks away with hips swingin)
needless to say those idiots just look embarresdly down the hallway and don't say anything. it embarresse them even more when i say hi b/c at the scene everyone was like " man miri got you on that one foolbusted!" lol its too funny. thanks soo much everyone for ya'lls love and support! it means a lot to me and i will def take your words to heart whenever i'm walking down the hall. infact i feel like posting a progress pic since my hair grew soo much! thanks for making me feel better! luv yaspopcorn
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 8:55pm

Miri, so glad to hear things are better for you, since I have been thinking about you. 

Alisa, what you wrote is truly beautiful and I can tell it came from the heart.

SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 9:25pm
thanks kim that means alot ( don't worry i have much more self confidence than that! lol)  and i read your post Alisa and things like that make me soo happy! GOD loves us and unites us in mysterious ways. well just a update: things are much better at school. i've never been an outcast its just some ppl don't like my hair but its funny because i look at their insecurties and pray for them. besides its just about 5-6 of their little "clique" lolz. other than that things are good. its surprising cus i was ranting the other day and everyone was like but your hairs awesome! lolz, i gues when we're upset we tend to over'exaggerate stuff. lol luv ya! MAY JESUS BLESS YOU IN ALL YOUR ENDEVORS!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic