Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new spray leave-in

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new spray leave-in
    Posted: August 28 2007 at 2:10pm
I just got a trial size of this spray leave-in co. Is there anything in here that would drying? I am concerned about the witch hazel, what are your thoughts? It is from Aubrey-organics, so I know it is a good company.
I guess I wouldn't be concerned, but I am smelling alcohol, and it kind of reminds me of a hair spray.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Witch Hazel, Organic Aloe Vera, Vegetable Glycerin, Pantheon (Vitamin B-5), Gum Arabic, Gum Tragacanth, White Camellia Oil, Ginkgo Leaf, Ginseng Root, Magnolia Blossom, Angelica and Chrysanthemum Extracts, Jasmine Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 4:32pm

What is the exact name of it Alisa?  The only spray-in I found on their site has no Witch Hazel in it.  It's not a toner for your face is it?  Just asking because they usually but that in products for your face.  While searching for you I found some interesting ingredients to avoid when buying over the counter products.  It is going to make me check-out what is in my make-up. 

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/about/treat_10synth.cfm

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 4:37pm

Is it this? 

Add this product to your wish list

Email a friend about this product
Your day in the sun. This lightweight, lightly fragrant, volumizing condition adds body and manageability to your hair without weighing it down. Conditioning herbals, golden Roman camomile, and B vitamins work together to leave hair manageable, full, and shiny, with revitalized natural highlights.

FEATURES BENEFITS
Camomile Oil
Hair & scalp tonic; enhances natural highlights
B Vitamins
Add volume & manageability

INGREDIENTS INCI: Aqua, cetyl alcohol (coconut fatty alcohol), Aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, alcohol denat., Triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, panthenol (vitamin B-5), glycerin, Chamomilla recutita (camomile) extract, Foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, Humulus lupulus (hops) extract, Melissa officinalis (balm mint) leaf extract , Viscum album (mistletoe) fruit extract, Achillea millefolium (yarrow) extract, Brassica campestris (turnip) oil, Aleurites fordi (chinawood) oil, Citrus grandis (grapefruit) seed extract, Glycine soja (soybean) oil, Daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), Hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, ascorbic acid (vitamin C).

*Organic

No%20Animal%20Testing Vegan

Customer Reviews about Camomile Luxurious Volumizing Conditioner
Write your comments about Camomile Luxurious Volumizing Conditioner

*If you have questions or would like a response to your comments, please use our Contact Aubrey form.

Sheri from Utah
rating:
5 Stars
comments:
I bought this for my daughters before it was even listed on the website - (I called Aubrey and found out about it). So I thought I'd be the first to write a review about it. They've been using it for a while now and I cannot believe the difference it has made in their hair! They use it in conjunction with the Camomile Luxurious Volumizing Shampoo. I really started noticing the difference on our walks together out in the sunshine. They have brown hair and these products have really brought out the gold and copper highlights. But not only is it in the sun that I see this added shine. It's quite obvious indoors as well. They have "normal" hair and their hair was already in great shape to begin with, especially since they don't use any heated styling tools on their hair - just wash, condition, comb out and go. But the Camomile products took already healthy hair up another notch with incredible shine, natural highlights and lots of body. Doesn't weigh the hair down in the least. When I asked them how they like using these products, they said it's the best shampoo and conditioner they've ever used! The smell is wonderful too! And I love the confidence that goes along with using Aubrey products on my entire family ... from my little baby on up. Thank you!

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 4:40pm
 Yes! OOOOh, I found this too!  Me wanna try!
Spray-on conditioner adds body and softness and brings curls back to life with burdock and egg oils. Use after your regular conditioner and in-between shampoos to redefine curls and protect hair from blow dryer damage. (Not a vegan product.)

INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Essential Fatty Acid Base, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Aloe Vera, Natural Grain Alcohol, Egg Protein Oil, Burdock Oil, Oat Protein, Vitamin F, White Camellia Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Sunflower Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Sea Buckthorn Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E), Camomile Oil.

Customer Reviews about Sea Buckthorn Leave-In Conditioner & Curl Activator
Write your comments about Sea Buckthorn Leave-In Conditioner & Curl Activator

*If you have questions or would like a response to your comments, please use our Contact Aubrey form.

Catherine McAfee from Lake Forest, CA
rating:
5 Stars
comments:
This product makes my hair (thick, wavy, and a bit dry) feel very soft and clean, while also making it manageable and moisturized without feeling oily. It is also a good detangler after washing my hair. When the weather is more humid, I use it along with the B5 Gel for extra control of the flyaways and frizz.

Tania from Los Angeles, CA
rating:
4 Stars
comments:
One of my favorite hair products. Keeps my kinky-curly African textured hair soft and cuts down on frizz. :-)

Rhona from Naples, FL
rating:
5 Stars
comments:
I have long, curly hair. And, for those of you who have curly hair, you know have dry and frizzy it can be. For years, I have searched for a hair product that would condition my hair and maintain the curls. This is that product--it is just wonderful! And, it smells great. Thank you Aubrey, and don't ever discontinue it.

CapriG from Northeastern US
rating:
5 Stars
comments:
My husband has frizzy wild hair that is also colored. I have been doing his hair for years, but nothing was giving him the results that he needed to control that wild man look. The SEA BUCKTHORN CURL ACTIVATOR works well for him. If I apply it after his shower while still rather wet, but not dripping, then massage in some B-5 and GINGKO MOISTURIZING JELLY his hair is amazingly gorgeous. I have to press the curls into his hair and leave them to air dry, but the effect is truly professional looking and better than any salon products we have tried for over 20 years.

John from Raleigh
rating:
5 Stars
comments:
Finito I say. The long search is over. This formula is perfect for the following guy or girl--- You always had thick curly hair that as you grew it out could get out of control and make you look like George Washington. It gives you moisture and control. In my case it helps even further for ive been thinning out in some areas as Ive run over 30 and thin frizzy weak strands of hair peeping out of a nest of surrounding thick healthy hair looks cooky and aweful, mad scientist like especially on a wind blown beach. With this formula you will return from Einstein to Fabio in a split second. To sum it up its going to put some oils back into those wilting strands for the whole day and for a very healthy look and a mighty fine price.

Melissa from Washington, DC
rating:
4 Stars
comments:
I've run through my first bottle, now I'm back for more! This is a good product that leaves my hair curly and with less frizz, but also very light and soft. It doesn't bind my curls like some mousses, and has none of the stiffness of a gel. Don't over spray however, or you may find your hair stringy by the end of the day. Once you work out the right amount for your hair, you'll be in great shape.

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 5:27pm
Here is the page it is on. It is listed under styling aids. It is the white camelia and jasmine spray. I got it with the co, which by the way is absolutely awesome, it is  sooooo thick!Thumbs%20Up thank you for the great tip!. I am thinking of putting it in a spray bottle as a leave in.
 I don't understand, the spray is really like a hair spray, just night quite as sticky. It was listed under styling aids. Maybe I mis understood what it was supposed to be.    

White%20Camellia%20and%20Jasmine%20Shine%20Conditioner%20Spray < =addproduct.cfm method=post>
White Camellia and Jasmine Shine Conditioner Spray
< =http://www.aubrey-organics.com/addproduct.cfm method=post>
Quantity: 
< maxLength=4 size=3 value=1 name=quantity>    
< = height=15 alt=Buy =0 width=31 ="http://www.aubrey-organics.com/s/buy.gif" border=0 name=add>

Size 
Stock #: 
Price: 
< = value=112 name=product_id> 4 oz.
$7.68
Quantity: 
Size: 
Stock #: 
Price: 
< maxLength=4 size=3 value=1 name=quantity>< = maxLength=4 size=3 value=112A name=product_id>
2 oz.
112A
$3.25
< = height=15 alt=Buy =0 width=31 ="http://www.aubrey-organics.com/s/buy.gif" border=0 name=add>

Add this product to your wish list

Email a friend about this product
Spray-on formula doubles as a conditioner and styling spray for dry, lifeless hair. Use after and in-between shampoos to add softness and manageability with herbal gums and vitamin B-5.

INGREDIENTS: Water, Witch Hazel, Organic Aloe Vera, Vegetable Glycerin, Panthenol (Vitamin B-5), Gum Arabic, Gum Tragacanth, White Camellia Oil, Ginkgo Leaf, Ginseng Root, Magnolia Blossom, Angelica and Chrysanthemum Extracts, Jasmine Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

No%20Animal%20Testing Vegan

Customer Reviews about White Camellia and Jasmine Shine Conditioner Spray
Write your comments about White Camellia and Jasmine Shine Conditioner Spray

stephanie
rating:
5 Stars
comments:
SHINY!!! This really works, not sticky, scent is delicious (and not very strong like primrose tangle go). I love leave in conditioner because my hair is fine, but I have a lot of it so it easily gets tangled. I just spray this on after shower so my comb goes through like silk. I spray it when it's dry, for lots of shine, sweet smell, and smooth no-frizz no-fluff waves! This is a perfect product for fluffy wavy hair!

Wanda from New York
rating:
5 Stars
comments:
I am African American and love the shine from this product and I also use it on my 8 year old daughter's hair. It makes combing wet hair much easier, it smells great, and does not leave our hair feeling oily. I use this with the B-5 Design Gel. The best part is that it is all natural and chemical free. The only drawback is that it is not available in a larger size.

Bethany from Southfield Michigan
rating:
5 Stars
comments:
I love the smell of this product! I have long, thick, extra CURLY black hair that reaches down to about the middle of my back and it can be hard to control without the right products. This product made me feel like I had gotten a perm, the reaction it had on my hair was truly unbelievable! Thank you Aubrey.

Nickie from Canton, Ohio
rating:
5 Stars
comments:
I have thick, long, coarse natural curly hair and have always had problems finding products that really do what they claim. Well look no further... Aubrey has it! I'd buy gallons at a time if I could. My hair takes forever to comb-out after shampooing. It cut my time in half, and it smells really nice too! My hair came out soft, shiny and managable. What a difference with just one use. I don't wash my hair everyday, so I'll be using this on my off days to wet it down and keep it tamed. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

HEATHER PRICE from OR
rating:
5 Stars
comments:
THIS IS THE BEST DETANGLER! I HAD GIVEN UP ON FINDING A PRODUCT TO REMOVE TANGLES FROM FINE, CURLY HAIR, BUT PURCHASED A TRIAL SIZE, HOPING MAYBE THIS WOULD WORK. NOW I WISH I HAD BOUGHT THE BIGGER BOTTLE. THIS IS FAR SUPERIOR TO THE PRIMROSE TANGLE-GO (WHICH HAS A SUPER STRONG ODOR) & THE ALOE ESSENCE DETANGLER (IT EVENTUALLY WORKED AFTER ALOT OF BRUSHING, BUT THEN THE HAIR WAS FRIZZY & TANGLES CAME BACK). MAYBE THE OTHERS WORK BETTER FOR ANOTHER TYPE OF HAIR. I'M JUST SO HAPPY TO HAVE FINALLY FOUND A DETANGLER THAT REALLY WORKS!

Ginny from Northeast,Ohio
rating:
5 Stars
comments:
I recently started using Aubrey because of terrible reactions to chemicals in many other products that I have used, and I continue to be amazed. The shine, fragrances, condition of my hair and scalp have all improved. This product smells nice and does what it claims to, with no stickiness, dandruff, or flaking. Great stuff!

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 12:56pm
I am really interested in the leave-in you found! It looks great! I couldn't find it though. I'll keep looking.
I used the one I have this morning on my daughter's pony-tail. She has a ton of new growth that just peeks out everywhere.Clap So we'll see this afternoon when I pick her up if it helped keep them in  check. I really like this company, the more I read on them the better it gets. Well, the worse it gets for other companies!LOL
I want to get some sort of gel, or what ever they have to hold styles for my boy's hair. I do their hair in the morning, and have just been using a hernal essence spray gel, only because it is the only thing I have. I really don't like using it. I normally ver only towards natural products.  
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 3:54pm
Alisa,
 If you are looking for the link - here it is:

I am going to look at Whole Foods and see if they carry it, if not I will order it online.  I know what you mean about liking their products.  After looking at their website I want to try their lip gloss and a bunch of other stuff.  Oh, my poor bank account.  How did your son like his new school?  Hope all went well.  You guys start early, we do not start until September 6th. 
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 5:08pm
I am hooked!idea I just ordered the Sea Buckthorn Leave-In Conditioner & Curl Activator, the Mandarin Magic Ginkgo Leaf & Ginseng Root Hair Moisturizing Jelly and the Island Naturals Replenishing Conditioner. EmbarrassedWhat can I say, I really like their company, plus I totally love the honeysuckle rose co. I would like to try the island co with the honeyseckle rose as a co wash.
He really likes his school thank you very much. We live about a 2 min walk from the school, and school starts at 8:30. He wanted to leave at 8:00! LOL We are the only ones in our state that I know of that start so early. But.. we are out earlier in the spring.

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 6:14pm

Alisa, WOW!!!  You are really hooked.  I hope Whole Foods has some stuff when I go on Wednesday.  Glad you like the honeysuckle rose ; isn't the smell just heavenly - ahhhhhh.  I also use it as my shaving cream because it leaves my skin so soft.  When you can't get anymore CO out of the bottle - don't throw it out, because all you have to do is add some water in the bottle, shake it up and and use it.  The stuff is so thick it sticks to the inside of the bottle.  BTW, happy to hear everything went well with you son.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 10:24pm
OK, I just erased a whole post!Angry Here we go again!

I know, I know, I am sucker for a good product.Embarrassed I couldn't help it though, I have been looking for a replacement to the red ken all soft I have been using. It works really well, I just don't like that there are 3 cones in it. When I started using it, I didn't know to look for things besides "one" words, I have since learned more.
I normally use natural products anyway. Before I started using the all soft, I was using allot of Jason products. That was until I ( again) learned more about the "silicone words" and discovered that there are 3 cones it the Co's I had been using.
To make a  long story,short I am excited to find a truly natural company, thank you so much for the great tip!Clap 
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 10:52pm
I love AO! I tried one of their shampoos once, my hair did NOT like it (maybe because I have hard water...I'm not sure). I especially love the Honeysuckle Rose and Island Naturals Conditioners. They are awesome and smell fantastic!

I have also tried the Camomile Luxurious Conditioner, it's good stuff!

You're right about the Honeysuckle Rose being thick, I can barely squeeze any out of the bottle LOL. It's very moisturizing

Edited by AmandaPanda - August 30 2007 at 11:01pm
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 8:33am

I know, I have to use two hands to get any out! which, I love! I have very porous and course hair, so the thicker, the better if you ask me.I have been using using that color deposit co ( from aveda) that also deep conditions your hair. My hair has became so silky, and I wasn't sure which one was doing it because I got them both the same day and started using them both on the same day. Yesterday I did not use the color deposit one, and voila, its the aubrey one!Smile I had been using the aubrey second, and the aveda last,and when I used the aubrey last,and did not use the aveda, Oh my goodness! My hair was so soft, and silky!

I am going to have to contain myself!LOL I want to try all of the products now! I have been using a skin care line called mychelle dermaceuticals that I love!lolaboveIt is all natural also, so I am starting to actually feel somewhat like the nickname my husband has given me.I have mentioned it before, but in case you can't remember, he calls me earth muffin.Embarrassed
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic