Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Letting it grow!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WalterB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WalterB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Letting it grow!
    Posted: October 01 2007 at 1:49pm
As I enter my second chilhood, I've decided to let my beautiful silver/gray hair grow.  I find that some of it is coarse and some of it is relatively smooth ... and my question is what type of care will it take to make it smooth all over?  I shampoo and condition daily and mostly let it air dry.  I am getting it trimmed about once a month but the back looks frazzled and is kicking out at the bottom (over the collar).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Edited by WalterB - October 01 2007 at 1:51pm
Walter
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2007 at 5:41pm
It will take some time to get out of the okward phaze and if you want it long I would'nt go every month for a trim.  Maybe quarterly at most.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2007 at 7:23am
You will have to play with it and see what works for your hair type.  If you mean that some of it is getting frizzy, you may try oiling, or using silicone conditioners (you will have to clarify those off every 2 months or so so they don't buildup and break your hair off, but if you do that, using them helps for some hair types).  I agree with laststar, once it gets long enough, your collar won't have much of an effect anymore.  And getting it trimmed that often will probably prevent growth if they are cutting off a centimeter each time.  Hair normally only grows a centimeter to a half inch a month.

If you mean that the coarse ones stick out more, I have this problem though mine is not yet gray, with a few coarse hairs that are curled in with the straight smooth ones.  I use a 'less alcohol' mousse many days when I wear my hair up to keep them all down, I didn't find any other fix for those.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic