Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

taking out shrinkys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
isopurty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isopurty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: taking out shrinkys
    Posted: October 16 2007 at 12:56am
I've been doing microtubes on my clients and really like them. I then tried an alternate method for one of my clients with thin hair on sides. I used shrinkies, (about 4 on each side) just so they won't show as much as microtubes. Ive seen them removed on yourhairshop.com but I just want someones opinin that have done shrinkies? On the web it says to crunch with a tool, and for unrully ones add a little acetone on it then comb out. Is this right?Confused
Poose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2007 at 8:59pm
I reheat the shrink link, then slide it out, then use acetone on the gooies, if any.
^..^
cyndrapo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyndrapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 9:55pm
NO, don't use acetone after you slide the shrinkie of with the heat wand.  Use a citrus oil remover.  The left behind residue slides off better, it smells better, and it doesn't leave your hair dry and brittle like the acetone does.  It just works better all around!

Cyndrea
Glamorous Hair Infusions

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic