Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help hair cut crisis!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
emma1887 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emma1887 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help hair cut crisis!
    Posted: October 18 2007 at 4:24pm
about 18 months ago i had reeeaallly long thick hair right down my back but i had it thinned and cut short to my shoulders.ive bin trying to grow it since then but im worried its never gonna grow back to how it was.what should i do???
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2007 at 7:48am
If it grew before, it will grow again.  Don't worry, it just takes time.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2007 at 6:10pm
     Welcome, Emma. Your hair WILL get there! The good news is that it's been 18 months, so the worst of the grow-out is over for you. I have a 40-something friend at work who just cut her near-waist hair to her shoulders, with lots of extremely short layers. She is trying hard to like it, she says, but I can feel her disappointment, and I don't know what to say except that it was cut well. Growing out that fine hair would take several painstaking years.  It's tough, Emma, but hang in there and remind yourself that you need never go through this again. All you must do is avoid salons like the Plague. (lol) Blessings, BobStar
ally_needs_help View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally_needs_help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2007 at 7:04am
I had my hair cut really short and thinned about a year and a half ago. It took a while but it is finally long again. If you're unsure about the hairstyle then my advice is just to enjoy it. Shorter and thinner hair takes a lot less time to style and certainly when mine was short I found that I could wear hair bands to keep it back which looked quite cool; if I tried wearing them now I have long hair I would look about 10 years old!  
tani-lai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tani-lai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2007 at 10:25am
Nothing wrong with looking a little younger, ally!  LOL

31"!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2007 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by ally_needs_help ally_needs_help wrote:

I had my hair cut really short and thinned about a year and a half ago. It took a while but it is finally long again. If you're unsure about the hairstyle then my advice is just to enjoy it. Shorter and thinner hair takes a lot less time to style and certainly when mine was short I found that I could wear hair bands to keep it back which looked quite cool; if I tried wearing them now I have long hair I would look about 10 years old!  

Given your womanly (and lovely) figure (from the picture you shared in another thread), there is no way anybody will confuse you with a 10-year old! Smile
ally_needs_help View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally_needs_help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2007 at 6:05am
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Given your womanly (and lovely) figure (from the picture you shared in another thread), there is no way anybody will confuse you with a 10-year old! Smile

Awww aren't you sweet, hehe. Big%20smile
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2007 at 6:54pm

Awww aren't you sweet, hehe. Big%20smile

I dunno... just honest. Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic