Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what are the different lengths of short hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ragdollragdoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragdollragdoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what are the different lengths of short hair
    Posted: November 08 2007 at 2:04pm

I am curious about the differents length of short hair and what each level consit of .

Is there a way that I can find out the different levels.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2007 at 9:09pm
Good Question, I think everybody has a different opinion of this. If you always had long hair short hair could be a bob. Age and gender also plays into the question. Most elders would say long would be touching the collar. I do not think there is a correct answer.  Maybe as I have seen on other sites as such is this. Short / super short / spiked / buzzed that would take care of .05% of short hair styles. Does anybody else want to chime in on this?  If someone came in with waist lenght hair and wanted it short that would be maybe up to the mid back just past the shoulders. If someone came in with a short pixie and ask for a short hair cut would that be a crew-cut or a fade? Anybody?????
Mike
MrsAmandaR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsAmandaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 10:36am
I agree, the words "short" and "long" are definitely relative, but there are ranges that people can sort of agree on.

VERY SHORT HAIRSTYLES:  The weight line of the hairstyles is at or above the ear line.
SHORT HAIRSTYLES:  The cut line of the hairstyles is between the ear and the jaw line.
MEDIUM HAIRSTYLES:  The weight line of the hairstyles is between the jaw and the shoulder.
LONG HAIRSTYLES:  Below the shoulder hairstyles.

Edited by MrsAmandaR - November 10 2007 at 10:37am
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 8:51pm
I agree with MrsAmandaR and would add;  extra long - below bra strap
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2007 at 11:32pm
Yep,I agree with MrsAmandaR's guidelines too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic