Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I just got engaged!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I just got engaged!
    Posted: November 19 2007 at 5:17pm
So now the big issue is what to do with my hair.  Yes, i've told my fiance that our date setting will depend on my hairstyle.At the monent its at about bsl, layered a bit through the ends, and a growing out fringe I can nearly tuck befing my ears. 

The help I need is that we want the ceremony to be 50s styled, but my boyfriend (can I still call him that?) likes my hair long and a bit curly in a rennaisance way.  Can anyone suggest a way to satisfy both these criteria?  At the moment my hair is a bit to long to do 50s with properly, hence why I cut it in the first place, I don't want to hide it with an updo, and I don't know how long to grow it.  I've worn it at classic length with barely any thinning, so thats not a probem. 

Is it petty for a bride-to-be to plan her wedding around her hair?  Especially when I'm not sure what to do about a veil/head dress... marriage

Let's get the help and suggestions rolling in please.  Anywhere I can get references from, and ideas of styles, photos anything like that.  All help much appreciated!
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2007 at 5:27pm
OMG!!!!!!!! i am sooooooooo happy for you!!! i dont know what to say about your hair though because this is a once in a lifetime experience and how you wear your hair is your descision entirely and i don't want to give bad advice lol sorry i couldnt be much help

Edited by SugarCube - November 22 2007 at 10:45am
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2007 at 3:34pm
      Hi Enfys! Well, I am not a big fan of most of my mom's generation's styles, but there was one fake retro-style worn by Emma de Caunes within the "Mr. Bean's Holiday" movie which is riveting. I hope you can find it. And congratulations to you! I remember you, and I had no idea that you are only 19. (You write with surprising sophistication.) LOL God Bless, Bob
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2007 at 8:32pm
Congratulations!!!

You could curl it up pretty tightly with sponge rollers or rag rollers and take off a lot of length that way (rather than cutting it).  Curls were the thing then.  You could concentrate on styling the front into a 50's-ish look.  That's what will be showing anyway. 

I don't think it's petty to plan around that, but then again I've been considered obsessive when it comes to my hair. lol  I think you should decide what you want (clothing, hairstyles, flowers, etc.) before setting a date so you will have an idea of how long it will take to get everything together. 

One more thing..... since you're having a theme wedding, you may need to insist on specific hairstyles for your wedding party.  My cousin had a 1900's era wedding and one of her bridesmaids showed up with a very modern spikey-braid updo.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic