Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

help talking pre-teenager into not cutting!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help talking pre-teenager into not cutting!
    Posted: December 16 2007 at 4:51pm
My son let his hair grow out and it looks great on him.  But he's really sensitive and gets hurt when strangers mistake him for a girl.
Now he's talking about cutting it short again.  He looks really awesome in long hair, and I know it's hip with High School age boys (which he starts next year).
Anyone got ideas to talk him into keeping long hair?
or
ideas on cuts and styles that will keep him looking more masciline?

Jen, (1a/f/ii)
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2007 at 7:05am
He certainly is cute, and I hate to say it, but if you try to convince him to keep it when he doesn't want to, there is a chance he will give in to make you happy, then blame you inside if he gets teased again. 

Try the Gallery tab at the top of this page though, and do a search for males with longer hairstyles.  You might find something longish that you two can agree on.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2007 at 9:13pm
Awesome idea, thank you.
Jen, (1a/f/ii)
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 2:27am

If he wants to cut it, let him. Not to be rude, but - it's his hair. And if he's worried about being teased, highschool's the most likely place where that's going to happen.

You can't control him forever, let him have it how he wants it.

Sorry to be blunt.

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2007 at 9:10am
Was just the opposite for me. My oldest son wanted long hair, and I wanted him to cut it. When they get a certain age it's pretty hard to MAKE them cut it or grow it.

My son always had/has little facial hair. When your son gets little older if he decides to keep the long hair he could do that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic