Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looking for some tips for managing long hair, men
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for some tips for managing long hair, men

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for some tips for managing long hair, men
    Posted: December 20 2007 at 1:06pm
Hi, Would like to thank anyone in advance for any support they can offer.

I have been trying to grow long hair for years on end and seem to fail at every attempt which results me in just getting my haircut. However Im unfortunatly not the type that likes to quit.

My hair at the moment is rather long and I am currently using redkins smooth down shampoo and conditioner for frissy, dry hair. I use it once a day. And I also recently purchased redkin rewind pillable styling paste.

The main problems I have run into is that my hair tends to become very puffy when I grow it out and when it drys it just looks akward. The length of my hair is longer infront for some reason and I end up with very long bangs. On a side note Im also 21 and I have a number of white hairs (dont know if thats normal).

I have consulted a number of stylists and a barber I have been going to for a number of years. They all seem to be unable to find a way that works.

I apologise if this is too long, I am simply at the end of my witts about this and I really want long hair. I am hoping for something along of the lines of http://www.hairresources.com/images/sce/ashtonkutcher.jpg.

Also, I have been through chimo therapy at the age of 1. I am wondering if it could have possibly had an effect on my hair to cause it to be like this.

Thank you once again!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2007 at 9:03pm
From what you're saying, I'm assuming your hair is wavy and that's why it puffs out.  Try finding a look that's not so straight as the one in the pic.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic