Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2008 Hair Growth Challenge, Who's in?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sweetlady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2008 Hair Growth Challenge, Who's in?
    Posted: December 30 2007 at 1:04pm
I am a 25 year old african american female who is tired of this short paper thin hair on my head.  I ordered the entire Hair Formula 37 line and should be receiving it on Wednesday Jan. 2, 2008.  I am challenging myself to stretch out my relaxer for 3 months and take only the Hair Formula 37 line in its entirety as recommended by the manufacturer and Black and Beautiful Carrot Oil Moisturizer.  My hair straightened reaches the middle of my ear lobe.  In 6 months I am looking to achieve shoulder length and in one year just below my bra strap.  I am looking for women who are looking to win the war on damaged and stubborn hair that refuses to grow.  I am also looking for people who can advise me on a safe hair care regimen while stretching out my relaxer.  If you have what it takes to reclaim the control of your hair, I say let's get to it.

Thanks
PrincessFurball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessFurball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2007 at 2:59pm
Good for you! Go for it, and good luck! Thumbs%20Up
Current length: approx. 52"
Goal length: Infinity :)
sweetlady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2007 at 3:03pm
Thanks.  I wish you luck as well!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 7:47pm
My hair was what you called "stubborn and refuses to grow" for a long time.  It's so dry and prone to splits and breakage, I have to give it special treatment.  There's none of this just-stop-cutting-and-let-it-grow that everyone talks about.  I did see a huge increase in the growth rate when I started taking biotin and folic acid (you can find a post on this below).  I hope you have luck with Formula 37.  I know it may be hard to fathom, but the best thing you can do is stop relaxing.  I do hope you can reach your goals and I encourage you to strive to do so.  Don't give up!

p.s. have you visited the African-American section of the forum?  there's tons of great advice there! (some I found helpful for my own natural curly hair)
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
sweetlady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 10:41pm
Thanks for the encouragement and advice.
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2008 at 5:49pm
How is your hair doing Sweetlady?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

sweetlady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2008 at 2:04am
Hi,

I am happy to report about 1/4 inch of new growth.  I have been taking my hair vitamins religiously and to prevent handling my hair everyday, I purchased a lace wig to allow my hair to rest.  I am stretching my relaxer til June (5 months) and doing my weekly wash and deep condition while wearing my wig therefore, not allowing direct heat or alot of handling that will weaken my tresses.  I'll tell you, I'm glad I got those vitamins, my new growth is just soft and my hair doesn't usually grow this fast and thick.  I will post some pictures in my fotki soon.  I just have been so busy relocating to ATL I don't have a chance to do much anymore (partially why I bought the wig to begin with).  Anyway, how is everyone else doing in this challenge?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic