Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need help (guy). I want medium long hair (with PIC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need help (guy). I want medium long hair (with PIC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matix375 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matix375 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help (guy). I want medium long hair (with PIC
    Posted: January 09 2008 at 11:59am
Hello. I'm new to this forum :). I just want to say thx to all the people that read this postSleepy. ok now to the problem
The problem is that my hair is not that thick and sometimes it poofs. I currently look like this:
give me some tips. Is there something that could make my hair go down?....do I need to let it grow from behind too? I know I'm a noob when it comes to hair, that's why I'm here :)

Please help me :(

This is how I look righ now:

***This is how I look with wet hair(I like this look)

***This is how I look with dry hair***(I don't like this look)
QUESTION: Do you think I should cut the sides (trim the sides)?

REALLY like the medium long hair. I want to have it like this:

***Is there a product that makes hair look not dry?

A, E, I, O, U, and sometimes Y? Consonant or vowel? Make up your mind, we're at war.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 8:21am
If you want your hair like his, just let it grow (trimming the sides will make it take longer to get like that).  You have the same hair type.

If you use too much gel, your hair will get stiff, and look wet (it won't move though).  You can also try oil, like jojoba or coconut.  Olive ain't the greatest hair oil, but you can try that first just to see if you like the effect before you invest in jojoba.  You probably don't want it on the hair closest to your head, just try to get it on the ends.  For it to look wet, you'd need to use a good bit (way more than we longhairs usually use, as we try not to get ours to look oily or wet).  You might not like this oily effect though, so try that with a cheaper oil to see first, sometime when you're not leaving the house, in case you don't like it.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
donnag8087 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnag8087 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 10:24am
I actually like the first 3 pics the best, but if you like the wet look most spray gels will do the trick, not hair spray, spray gel.  When you get out the shower don't touch it until it's 50% dry then spritz it and don't brush it, instead run your fingers through it.  That will give it a smooth, wavy, wet look.  Don't cut the sides.  Just let it grow until you get the desired length.  Hope this helps.
Donna
Matix375 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matix375 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2008 at 10:55am
Base on the comments I've decided to not trim/cut the sides.
Thax for your comments I really appreciated it. If you have more comments/tips please let me know. I'll keep you informed on how it goes.

PS: thx donna and susan W for your comments :)

PS: Should I stop using hair products (like gels and styling pastes)?...do they damage my hair?

Edited by Matix375 - January 10 2008 at 2:45pm
A, E, I, O, U, and sometimes Y? Consonant or vowel? Make up your mind, we're at war.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 11:37am
If you're shooting for the length of the guy in the bottom pic, you won't get enough damage from gels and such to even cause anything noticeable.  (They have some alcohol in them usually, but hair that length would get cut off before any damage from the mild chemicals in those even becomes noticeable).

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Matix375 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matix375 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2008 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

If you're shooting for the length of the guy in the bottom pic, you won't get enough damage from gels and such to even cause anything noticeable.  (They have some alcohol in them usually, but hair that length would get cut off before any damage from the mild chemicals in those even becomes noticeable).

thx for your help :)

I'll kepp all of you up to date!

Matix375 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matix375 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2008 at 8:07pm
Hello It's my again!!!
2 weeks have passed and my hard is getting bigger(yeah!!!), sometimes it it really hard to choose a look because it gets really dry. I think I'm going to start wearing a hat.

Comments are welcomed !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic