Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long Time No See!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Time No See!
    Posted: January 28 2008 at 7:26am
Hiya,

Sorry I haven't been around much, Since getting layers in November 2006 to combat hair thinning due to a hormone imbalance and getting over the initial "wow this is so low maintainance" reaction and realising that I missed my hair, I haven't been around much. I lost about three inches in ponytail circumference before the layers and after....well it looked even thinner lol.

Since last April I've had the hormones of doom regulated and my hair is coming back thicker than I remember it being in a long time. I've gained about 1/2 an inch in hairline(which is good because it was reeeaally high) and about half of the lost thickness back(I'm guessing some of it is still a bit too short to reach my ponytail). I've also managed to get the bangs from hell, cut in in October 2006 down to my collarbone although the rest is still up at BSL due to regular visits to my hairdresser while the layers grow out. My hair is healthier than it's ever been, I can't remember the last time I found a split end. Even the fuzzy bits above my ears and at the nape of my neck are growing now!

Bad side - After having almost 100% virgin hair, I got dark purple slices put through it. Very subtle though and only a volume 20 peroxide. I'm also heatstyling after I wash my hair although it's not that bad since I've got my washing routine down to once a week.

Anyways, I'll stop rambling now. It's good to be backSmile.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2008 at 1:34pm
Welcome back HFOClap.I havent posted myself.The boards have been kinda dead for awhile.

Many people seem to be mia.Special kitty popped in once awhile back.I havent heard or even seen anything from Anais on any of the boards.Even dave seems to be scarce at the moment.

It nice to have you back.I'm sorry about the thinning.But glad it seems to now be under control.

I had a terrible bout with thinning a year or so ago.You could see through the top of my hair.It was pretty embarrassing.And it was due to my thyroid not being quite where it should even after supposedly fixing it.My hair filled in nicely.I only recently started to shed badly again.But I figured out the cause in time to nip it in the butt.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2008 at 4:23pm
      Big%20smile It's terrific to have you back, HFO. Yeah, I always have been flummoxed by the idea that layering can add *volume* to fine or thinning hair. I learned that it was a crazy canard about 20 years back when my wife layered her then shoulder-length hair. Happy Returns! Bob
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2008 at 5:00pm
Hiya, thanks for the repliesSmile!

LHD - Sorry to hear about your shedding problems. It sucks! Mine was more the beginning of male pattern baldness lol, not good. Luckily it's all sorted. Your hair has grown so quickly since you shaved it though! I was tempted to do the same when I saw all the fun styles you could do along the way.

Bob - It's good to be back! The layers only made it bigger when I left it wavy because I've got naturally heavy hair and it was pulled straight and down when it was long. When straightened, it just looked lank though and started puffing up and flicking out within hours. Layers are like smashing a mirror.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic