Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

skin darkening after wearing lf

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
missmodesty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: skin darkening after wearing lf
    Posted: March 17 2008 at 11:43pm
hello ladies,

ladies please help me,
ok im a full time lf wearer now,im addicted and i cant help myself
when i apply my unit i make sure that i apply the scalp protector all around my entiere head but it seems like my hairline skin is becoming darker and darker.
i dont know whats causing it but you can clearly see that my edges and even the skin where my babyhairs are is darker than my face,

do you know what is causing this and how i can prevent and treat that?

thank you ladies.Ouch
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 12:05am

Hmmm. I don't know what's causing that because the skin in front of my hairline where I apply my unit is getting lighter and lighter due to less sun exposure. Do you have any itching in that area when you wear your lacefront? If you do you could be having an allergic reaction to the skin protector or one of the adhesives.

Other ladies please help out cuz I haven't heard of this happending before.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 12:21am
no the weird thing is i dont even scratch this area,
i realized that its darker when i stopped wearingt he fl for about 3 to 4 days to give my hair a break.
i dunno Ermm
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 12:21am
How often are you removing and applying your LF? Are allowing your skin breathing and healing time between each app? It could be your adhesive like curlygirl11 said. Try using some A & D Zinc Oxide Cream on your hairline. Sexi uses this on a regular basis. I have used it and I do not have any irritation on the hairline at all. HTH!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 12:23am
i can remove the lf once a week or so and apply it again after 3 days break,i think im going to try the A&D Zinc
where can i get it please?
thank you for helping out
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 12:29am
At Walgreens, CVS, or Walmart. Its a diaper rash cream. There's one with aloe and a regular one. Here's pic. Your welcome MissM

A+D%20Diaper%20Rash%20Cream%20with%20Aloe%20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 12:31am
HeartHeartHugthank youuuu so much ash8419 
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 12:36am
You're welcome!! I just hope it gets better soon and you figure out what's causing the change in your skin!!! Hug
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 5:38am
miss modesty,

The same thing happened to me. It turned out that I was allergic to something that I was using.  You could also try some 1% hydrocortisone.  That cleared it up for me pretty quickly.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 6:24am
what i do is when i remove and do my hair treatments i usually reapply the next day.. over night i use A & D Zinc oxide cream which is a baby diaper rash cream and that Zinc heals everything.. i apply it in the area when the lace is usually applied over night and it heals the skin in that area so i can reapply the next day, i mean like over night it does..
Countessrim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Countessrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 8:01am

I agree with Griff, I know I can't use tape becasue I have a tape allergy and tape eats my skin (turning it darker than the rest of my body) Your adhesive could be doing the same thing. If thats the case, try neosporin (sp?) it helps fade the darker skin, but I don't think it will completly go away, ( my dark spots still haven't disppeared on me and they turned dark after the tape from my surgery two years ago)

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Countessrim Countessrim wrote:

I agree with Griff, I know I can't use tape becasue I have a tape allergy and tape eats my skin (turning it darker than the rest of my body) Your adhesive could be doing the same thing. If thats the case, try neosporin (sp?) it helps fade the darker skin, but I don't think it will completly go away, ( my dark spots still haven't disppeared on me and they turned dark after the tape from my surgery two years ago)

i also have a allegic reaction to some tapes, like wound care tapes, i take them off and my skin comes off with it.. but with supertape or these types of tapes i don't have that same reaction, go figure b/c i never knew i had that problem to begin with..
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 8:15am
Trust Sexi.  I took her suggestion regarding the A&D ointment as well and works like magic.
Clueless77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clueless77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 9:49am
I have had that problem before.  I used some Vit. C toner (Jason's products) and it lightening right up in no time. I got it from GNC for about $4.00.  Now, it is a lot lighter than the rest of my face.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missmodesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:00pm
wow you ladies are the best,im going to get the ointment today and the Vit C toner as well.
thank you all HeartHeartHug
i think i 'm allergic to the supertape,thats what i use on my skin before applying the liquid adhesive on the tape.

and when i try to take it off it comes off with my hair too,so basically the area is hairless and dark ..

Edited by missmodesty - March 18 2008 at 2:01pm
kalenjin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalenjin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:25pm
you maybe allergic to the adhesive...I had a dark spot when i first used UH on my back and stopped using it. The spot is gone. You may want to try others with the A+D cream
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:30pm
Got to go get me some A&D ointment with aloe..
Celie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 3:21pm
I was having this reaction on my neck below where the nape is attached.  I believe that it is caused by the constant rubbing of 99% alcohol on the skin.  I stopped using the alcohol to remove and clean the skin as the only thing.  I now use adhesive remover pads and the darkened area is coming back to the natural color.  I now only use 99% alcohol as the last thing before the skin prep. I don't rub with it I dab.  I still get a good bond. I use Dove Exfoliating shower gel to get the residue off that does not come off with the remover pad.
Carli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 3:46pm
I was experiencing the same discoloration from the 99% alcohol on my nape, so I gave  it a rest, Celie what type of adhesive remover pads do you use?
ash8419 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ash8419 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 4:44pm
I use adhesive removal pads too Ms Celie. They seem to help with the removal of the excessive residue left on. However I get my mine from work at the hospital---All Kare adhesive remover pads. I'm not sure how much they cost. I'll search and then repost.

ETA: Box of 100 $29.95 Box of 50 $15.95.....Didn't know they were that much (thank god I'm a nurse and I don't have to buy them!!!) On the page listed below there are some other pads listed on there that are less inexpensive. I'm sure they work just the same. The reason why I like them because it removes all residue with leaving skin irritated. We use them on our patients at work when removing tape that has been on the skin a long time and it helps so much!

Edited by ash8419 - March 18 2008 at 5:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic