Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Products Specifically for Yaki Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JLTabron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLTabron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Products Specifically for Yaki Hair
    Posted: March 23 2008 at 3:47am
Are there specific products that should be used on yaki units? 
Bella8933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bella8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 4:22am
I have light yaki units and I don't use anything special.

I use some good qualiy shampoo like Pantene and condictioner .. and sometimes I used the Silicon mix to condition it - but that's it.

I wash it once a week. Just a light wash though.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 7:50am
less is always best too much product can cause tangles and matting with product buildup.. a good silicon polish spray like doo gro after washing and while wet with help it dry with some moisture..
kdee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 9:10am
Have you ever tried the YAKY Professional product line?  I use their wave moisturizer, and honey almond oil on my natural hair .  They have a blend of avacado, almond, honey oils, (no alcohol, petroleum or mineral oil) and it's pretty good.  I get it from the BSS.

JLTabron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLTabron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by kdee kdee wrote:

Have you ever tried the YAKY Professional product line?  I use their wave moisturizer, and honey almond oil on my natural hair .  They have a blend of avacado, almond, honey oils, (no alcohol, petroleum or mineral oil) and it's pretty good.  I get it from the BSS.

Hey Kdee,

I have not heard of that line.  I will look for it.

Thanks for all of your help ladies.

Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 5:50pm
I used to use their products on my BSS weaves...the one that is the color of honey was the bomb...but remember I said BSS WEAVES (which they always claimed to be 100% Human Hair, may have been but definately not high quality)...not Yaki IR Human Hair.
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2008 at 5:57pm
I don't use anything special, I do use a light moisturizer once a week though b/c the hair does get dry in my climate. Just something to put a little oomph back into it. I've noticed that when I got crazy with the products, (I'm a junkie) the hair became "thick" & "sticky" I had to rinse it all out & it was much, much better.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic