Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cassia obovata (AmandaPanda?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cassia obovata (AmandaPanda?)
    Posted: April 11 2008 at 12:18am
AmandaPanda and anyone else who has experience with cassia obovata~

This was recently being discussed on a natural/herbal newsgroup I'm a part of.  What can you tell me about cassia obovata?  I'm very interested.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 9:08am
I'm sorry I am just getting your message now, I haven't been checking here often.

I used cassia several times in the past. It's a lot like henna, only cassia is colorless and it doesn't last as long. How long it lasts would depend on the shampoo you use and how often you wash your hair, but I'd say a few weeks probably.
It's supposed to add shine and strength (like a protein treatment).

I mixed it with water until it's the same consistency as pancake batter, then I applied it to my hair in sections. I left it in for at least an hour. As with other protein treatments, you'll want to use a very moisturizing conditioner after rinsing the cassia out. You'll have to rinse a lot to make sure you get all of it out. It would be a good idea to dunk your hair in a bucket to help get most of it out first, so you're not wasting water or clogging your drain.

I stopped using it because it seemed like too much for my hair. My hair just doesn't need that.

I hope this helps

hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2008 at 9:14pm
Thank you, Amanda.  A lady on the newsgroup I mentioned said that it helped with scalp irritation and dandruff and all that, and made hair shiny and silky.  So that made me interested.  I was wondering how your hair reacted to it.  I did 3 or 4 protein treatments a while back and I couldn't really tell a difference in my hair except that if I did them closer than a month apart my hair felt awful.  I have been curious about henna, but not brave enough to change my color.  Confused

Edited by hairbraider - April 19 2008 at 9:14pm
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 4:23pm
I'd like to point you to this thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=406

My hair seemed more tangly afterward, but it could be due to either not rinsing enough or not using a conditioner that was moisturizing enough
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic