Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

you ever heard of this adhesive??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
materialgirlclk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: you ever heard of this adhesive??
    Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:04pm
i purchased this adhesive from my local hair replacement center. i have never ever heard of this brand before and i just did a google search and wasn't able to narrow the results down to figure out what it is. i swear ya'll this is giving me the best hold ever. i am using it with blueliner because the adhesive alone is a gooey,stringy mess and sticks all up in my baby hair. the tape stops the adhesive from getting in my lace. anywhoo here are the specs & some pix:
PERMAFUSE 1 ADHESIVE "LIQUID TAPE" 1 OZ.
it's a clear bottle whith a white label and black writing. it's a clear adhesive that's very, sticky, gooey and stringy. but it gets the job done. any guesses as to what this could be?

thanx for any feedback!Wink
i'm asking because i don't want to keep going to the place i get it from because the ladies that work there aren't very welcoming or friendly. they make me kinda uneasy so i'd rather find it online if i can.

Edited by materialgirlclk - April 14 2008 at 2:25pm
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:18pm
What's the climate near you? I'm looking for something that can last longer than 3 days in the Chicago summer. This product sounds promising. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:22pm
i'm in FLORIDA! it's already 84 degrees here and i'm good to go so far. even in the nape it's still holding strong.
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:25pm
Wow... That's encouraging! So how many days can you go between applications?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:27pm
i'm on day 5 which is 2 days longer than i ever had without touching up.
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 2:32pm
AMAZING, and in that heat, too! I'm going to get my search on for this product! Thanks again! If I find it, I'll let you know. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2008 at 6:46pm
nothing yet???huhsign
girlnextdoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote girlnextdoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 4:12am
wow, this is weird i seem some of it today in a BSS store that sells LW...I think imma go back and buy some...im in houston, but it has been pretty cool here lately.
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 4:54am
Material-- I tried googling and the only Permafuse products I found dealt with piping/construction.

Does the bottle list the ingredients?   But by your description it sounds like Ultra Hold. 

eta:  Did it come with a remover?  or rather how are you to remove the product?

Edited by mslady - April 15 2008 at 4:56am
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 8:16am
I had the same results as mslady. Does the bottle state the manufacturer? If so, please advise. We may have better luck from that angle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by mslady mslady wrote:

Does the bottle list the ingredients?   But by your description it sounds like Ultra Hold. 

INGRDIENTS: Trichlorotrifluoroethane and Dimethylpolysiloxane
those are the only listed ingredients.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Chic-Geek Chic-Geek wrote:

I had the same results as mslady. Does the bottle state the manufacturer? If so, please advise. We may have better luck from that angle.
i'm assuming the manufactuer is Permafuse and the name of the product is called "liquid tape" according to the labeling. 
Chic-Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chic-Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 12:36pm
That's what I thought. Oh well, the only results I find are the same as mentioned in the thread. I'll keep looking though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 12:38pm
does anyone have the ingredients to Vapon No tape so that i can compare? because the product is actually called Liquid Tape. so who is another manufactuer that makes Liquid Tape?
stephshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 4:35pm
I found this on Vapon No tape

Ingredients: Silicone, Ethyl Acetate
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 4:55am

Ultra Hold ingredients are Ingredients: Acrylic Adhesive, Isopropanol, Ethyl Acetate, Heptane, Toluene

Liqui Tape Adhesive (tape touch up) :  Ingredients: Silicon Adhesive, Blend of Cyclohexane, Polysiloxane, Naphtha, Toluene, Benzene

Other Liquid Tape Brands:

Walker
Jorgen Brush on
ACTIV Liqui-Tape

Edited by mslady - April 16 2008 at 5:02am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirlclk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2008 at 1:54pm
okay this is day 7 and i'm just now experiencing a little lift. i noticed it after my shower. a small area on my right temple and 2 extra small spots on my nape. other than that i'm still going strong. i'm going to take it off this weekend so that i can relax my own own hair. but so far so good!
mslady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mslady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2008 at 4:53am
Material-- Don't forget to report on the clean up.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic