Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Hairline Throwdown....1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Hairline Throwdown....1
    Posted: April 20 2008 at 1:15pm
Hi Ladies,

Hey Sexi, Ms. Celie, Breh, FLMD, CurlyGirl, and all the vets...get in here!!!  I wanted to start another hairline throw down.  The unit in my pics is the MOTHER of all beaters and I have included pics of the bald spots as proof.  Here are my hairline pics.  I think I did a pretty good job Wink.  Please let me know what you think!  I have permed, dyed, curled, ventilated and done all sorts of things to this unit.  I think it's now an indian remy straight and I love love love the silky texture.  Do you agree or does it still look like a light yaki?

Hairline Pics...

Beater Proof-Look at these bald spots!

Ladies get in here and post!  In this app, I used blue liner tape all around.  I dared not to take pics of the back cause of excessive bald spots and it being too short on the nape.  I used a little vapon no tape to make the nape stay put.

Edited by griff - April 20 2008 at 1:19pm
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 1:26pm
Oh, so you just gonna bust up in here like that?  Shocked  I see you tryna get it started huh? boxer Girl, that part is pure perfection....I LUV IT Heart 

I just took some pics of my new Holly unit that I wore last week. Lemme go dig some up and I'll be back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 2:19pm
Alright Griff, since you threw down the gauntlet here you go......

This is a 20" IR medium yaki from Holly. The light to medium density was perfect so I didn't have to thin this one at all. I've had it for a while but I had to cut some layers into it and put some highlights and low lights in it before I applied it for the first time last week.

I always wear a wig cap because I like to change up styles a lot during the week.

You know I have to rock my head bands while I work out. I like how the scalp (wig cap) shows through and makes it look even more natural.

No tape trick here because I don't usually wear perfectly staight parts. Instead, I custom dyed the lace and the wig cap using Rit fabric dye. It makes the lace nearly impossible to see - even with lighter density units.

Work out hair do.

Pic taken underneath sky light w/no flash to show suttle highlingts and low lights.

I cut deep layers into the back and sides with a few choppy layers in the front. This causes the curls to hold much better and I can wear it in just about any style I like.  

griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 2:40pm
Cg,

I'm scurred of you!!!!!!  You just wait until I get my new unit with the perfect babyhair and it will be on and poppin!   For the record, pic #2 was just unneccessary boxer.  Work it girl!
prettyandbrains View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettyandbrains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 2:53pm
O.k. You guys have it looking too real to be lace fronts. Why don't you tell the truth- you just have good hairLOL. I'm not hatin. I'm anticipating the day when I can enter this throw down and work it like that. In the meantime, give me some tips pllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Lace Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lace Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 3:02pm
All I can say is WOW -- one day I'll be there--great job, both look too real.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 3:12pm
Oh this is nothing ! Don't get it twisted.  Wait til the vets come up in here and really show us how it's done.

We haven't showed you guys anything yet but just wait til Charmed, Sexi, Meechie and nem come up in here and put it down for real popcorn
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 3:33pm
ya know i'm working out LOLLOLLOL

but them pictures sho are pretty, i'd have to find some to post.. i'll be backWink
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 3:48pm
Sexi,

Come on Queen...we know you can lay it down.  CG-I'm running to get my notepad when all the vets hit this post.  In the meantime, I think we can officially graduate from newbie status .....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 4:07pm
^^ Ya think ??  ^^
Lilypod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilypod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 5:15pm

This is scary!!!!! *peaks and goes to hide under a bed*

Griff! Do you put your blue liner right at the edge? It looks too natural ... Could you please describe your techique step by step? I know you might have already but please help a sorry newbie with a sorry azz hairline please
~~MrsJones~~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~~MrsJones~~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 6:28pm
curly What type of adhesive did you use?? and what did you do to get it to look so realistic?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by ~~MrsJones~~ ~~MrsJones~~ wrote:

curly What type of adhesive did you use?? and what did you do to get it to look so realistic?

I use Vapon NT or Davlyn on my skin. Then I put ProFlex no shine on edges of my lace around the front and ST on the edges of my lace in the back.

For me the MOST important key to achieving a realistic look is to have a realistic density for myself. I try to get units with densities that look similar to how my natural hair looked when it was at it's thickest. For me that means a light to medium density but different vendors have different ideas of what that is. So far I've found that the light to medium densities that Holly and CLW have are right on target and don't need to be thinned out at all. However, I've purchased light to medium densities from 3 other vendors and had to thin them out a LOT to make them look natural. There's no way I could pull off wearing a pony tail or pulling the hair back in a headband if the density is too thick - especially at the hairline. Also, I ALWAYS wear a wig cap because I like to be able to part the hair in several places so the scalp (wig cap) shows through.
lexi23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexi23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 9:05pm
THATS IS SO BEAUTIFUL.   HOW DID YOU GET IT TO LOOK SO REAL. HOW MUCH LACE DID YOU CUT IN THE FRONT?
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Lilypod Lilypod wrote:

This is scary!!!!! *peaks and goes to hide under a bed*

Griff! Do you put your blue liner right at the edge? It looks too natural ... Could you please describe your techique step by step? I know you might have already but please help a sorry newbie with a sorry azz hairline please

Hey Lilypod,

I put blueliner cut in half and then in thirds around the edges of the lf.  I used Breh's part trick, so the blue liner actually held the johnson and johnson's tape in place.  I use vapon no tape on my skin in spots that are prone to lift (by my ear).  I apply the front and then tie it down for 20 minutes.  Then I apply the back and tie the whole app down for about a half an hour and I'm good to go.  I think the key is finding an adhesive that really works for you.  For me, it's blue liner hands down...,for liquid, vapon nt is my fav, but I also like spirit gum, dalvyns, and invisbond. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by lexi23 lexi23 wrote:

THATS IS SO BEAUTIFUL.   HOW DID YOU GET IT TO LOOK SO REAL. HOW MUCH LACE DID YOU CUT IN THE FRONT?

I always cut the lace all the way back to where the hair starts. I've tried leaving some extra lace in the nape before just to see if it improved the hold and it didn't - it just irritated my neck.
griff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 9:50pm
CG,

Tell us about the dying.  What color do you dye your wig cap and lace?  I have to wear a black wig cap and use the part trick cause the hairline on this beater is EXTRA light and if I wear a flesh colored wig cap, the line is clearly visible.  I want to hear your method...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2008 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by griff griff wrote:

CG,

Tell us about the dying.  What color do you dye your wig cap and lace?  I have to wear a black wig cap and use the part trick cause the hairline on this beater is EXTRA light and if I wear a flesh colored wig cap, the line is clearly visible.  I want to hear your method...

Okay, I need to show you pics to explain it so I'll create a new thread about it so that this thread doesn't drift off topic.
Bella8933 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bella8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 5:36am
All I can say is WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
Lacygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 7:01am
You ladies are making me soooo jealous, I cant stand MY OWN excitement
Just wait until I get as good as yall because then it's on Your pic are amazing and I'm gonna pay close attention (running like speed racer too get my NOTEBOOK.. Thanks....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic