Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Our 5th wedding anniversary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our 5th wedding anniversary
    Posted: May 13 2008 at 7:13am

Hai  friends

Last week was our 5th wedding anniversary . May 8th to be very precise. My wife and myself decided to go very easy on hair. My hair is quite long, thick and voluminous – 32 inches , when measured from the crown and my wifes hair is around 26 inches. She decided to sport a long plait rather loose one with a little bit of hair accessories to keep the hair secure and she also suggested me to let my hair down just for the day. Normally I sport a long ponytail or high buns or sometimes long and straight plaits so that my hair is secure. But since we were planning for a get together, I thought that I should keep my hair secure and hence sport a long pony tail or a simple plaits.

My wife always a strong admirer of my hair suggested that I let my hair loose and hence I promptly accepted her suggestion. During the previous year on the same day , we could not meet our friends due to our professional pre-occupations and hence my wife suggested that we should not miss anyone and that she would personally organise all the arrangements. She was in her traditional dress – saree and I was sporting long white kurtas. She was very happy with almost everyone turning in and especially her 26 year old cousin who was very close to her. Her cousin who is working in media industry probably got a good look on my hair on that day and she was very happy with the way we maintained the length of the hair and the way we complemented each other. She also felt that it was very rare for men to have their tresses well maintained considering the length .At that point time she suggested to my wife whether she could dress my hair , and my wife said yes, much to my surprise as initially ,she wanted to wear my hair down and loose for a change.

Her cousin helped my hair to an elaborate French plaits with beautiful hair accessories and she really showed her dexterity in that – very planned partitions carefully made and the choice of hairsticks and accessories were really great. My wife was really very happy but probably was not sure how I felt. I also felt good and nice , but not so comfortable with too much attention on my hair especially in a function. My wife was really pleased with the way the function went about and she says she is very proud of my hair and I told her  that I too enjoyed it.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2008 at 9:49am
It sounds like you two had a nice day.  Its so nice when relatives are supportive!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
30isthenewblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2008 at 3:41pm
You have gorgeous hair. It is nice when relatives and friends are supportive but it's also funny to say that. People should wear their hair however they like without some well meaning stranger making comment. We live in a society where people would be hesitant to help out a stranger who was in trouble but they seemingly have no problem making comment on how people should live their lives.
www.30isthenewblack.com
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2008 at 4:45am
  hai susan and 30isthe newblack

Hai friends thanks for your complements. You are right when you say that u have the right to wear your hair and others have no business to comment but it seldom happens that way and we have to be cool and take things in our stride.

There have been occassions when i was mistaken for a woman especially when seen from the back. Sometimes people ask me personally whether i am a crossdressor. I dont lose my temper when i come across such opinions. My wife knows me well and understands me well, I am not mentally insecure to expect others to understand me. My wife knows that i am not a CD but she knows that i love my hair being treated royally.my wife is very supportive of me and she enjoys the lenght of my hair by playing with it the way she wanted.

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2008 at 8:25am
That's great you don't let it get to you when people say stuff like that.  Its a big challenge in life learning not to let people's words bother us.  One of the many reasons I can't stand short hair on myself even now is because it was short so much of my youth that I got mistaken for a boy too many times. 

30isthenewblack; we do live in a negative society don't we!  I think one big reason people think twice about helping someone in trouble is because they're afraid they're going to get fussed at by the person or sued if they make a big mistake.  Its a shame, but those things can make perfectly helpful and willing people stay away out of fear of consequences of touching another person. 

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2008 at 9:43pm
Hi Vivek,

Congratulations on your anniversary.  You are fortunate that your wife is very supportive of you.  Don't be concerned with what anybody else thinks -- live your life the way you want.  And be grateful you live in a society that is generally more supportive of long hair.
30isthenewblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2008 at 2:46am
Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

That's great you don't let it get to you when people say stuff like that.  Its a big challenge in life learning not to let people's words bother us.  One of the many reasons I can't stand short hair on myself even now is because it was short so much of my youth that I got mistaken for a boy too many times. 

30isthenewblack; we do live in a negative society don't we!  I think one big reason people think twice about helping someone in trouble is because they're afraid they're going to get fussed at by the person or sued if they make a big mistake.  Its a shame, but those things can make perfectly helpful and willing people stay away out of fear of consequences of touching another person. 

We do live in a negative society. I had my hair cut short and I was mistaken for a boy as well. Hair is a creative expression and no has the right to dictate how you wear your hair or how you dress outside of work hours. Of course, OH&S conditions will always apply in a work environment depending on the industry you are in. I've always worked in creative industries but I've still had a lot of people make remarks about my curly hair and that it was messy and unprofessional and it just made me more determined to wear my hair naturally curly. At the end of the day, I want to be recognised for my talent and not on how my hair looks. I've always been proud of my hair.
www.30isthenewblack.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic