Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
miller73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miller73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help
    Posted: May 29 2008 at 10:15am
I recently bought a CR light yaki form Holly. After wearing her for the first time she kinks up in 5 minutes. I have to comb this sucker every 10 minutes. Can someone please tell me what I can use to stop her from kinking up?
phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 10:34am
I'm sorry to heat that, let me ask you, are you already putting "product" in the hair? I just got a IR lite yaki from Holly on tuesday and i fouind that as long as i dont put anything in it its fine, no tangles. but when i put product in it, it gets tangley.
Also As soon as I got the wig, i did a deep condition with the silicon mix and noticed the hair was much softr fter that. hth
Hello, my name is Tiffany and i am a CHRONIC OVERDRESSER!
miller73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miller73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 10:54am

I did the silicon thing when I first got it and I have not been putting any products on it. I can only wear it in a ponytail

phillycutee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillycutee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 11:44am

well, that doesnt sound right to me, I wonder if the unit from a bad batch of hair. My very first unit I purchased was like that (not from holly) and it didnt matter what i did to it, it still tangled. I still have that unit and its a mess. Its not even wearable. BUT I must say that it was a #33 and 20 mixed. I belive the color caused the hair to be over processed. what color is your unit?

How about yout take it to have the ends clipped. I find that whe i get a unit, the hair is more freeflowing after the ends have been clipped.
If that doesnt work my last resort would be a bleach bath.
Hello, my name is Tiffany and i am a CHRONIC OVERDRESSER!
zelliboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zelliboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 11:48am

Are you rinsing the unit really good, after the Sillicon Mix?  You have to rinse until the water is clear.  I found that it leaves allot of build-up on the hair if I don't rinse well.

Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 12:08pm

^^^^I agree with Zelliboo, make sure you rinse the silicon mix out really well, that was my problem when I first used that product...it may take you about 10 minutes to rinse it out completely

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them"
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 4:36pm
i agree the silicon has to be rinsed thoroughly, otherwise you might have a serious non remy hair unit going on..
Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2008 at 10:39pm
I'm surprised to hear that. I have 2 units from Holly that I got in early March. One is a CR light yaki and the other is an IR medium yaki. I've been wearing them like crazy and I haven't had that issue with either one.
ITA with all the suggestions already given by the other ladies. Wash it in cold water with a clarifying shampoo then condition and rinse really well. Please let us know how it goes.
2Cor 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".
miller73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miller73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2008 at 9:11am
I make sure I rinse the hair several time to get any residue out. It was 18" but I had it cut to about 16". The color is 1b. I just bought me another one from Jack Sun. This will be one I play with. I want some color. I think I just got a bad batch of hair.

Edited by miller73 - May 30 2008 at 9:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic