Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bleach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Flamingradio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamingradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleach
    Posted: June 02 2008 at 8:21pm

I decided that I wanted to bleach the underpart of my hair so that I can dye it pink or purple. I don't have 40 bucks to have it bleached professionaly so my mom did it. Oh and this same party I was bleaching I had dyed black at the end of last summer.

So last night we tried to bleach it and it bleached towards my scalp (where the color had grown out) but on the place where the color was still there but faded it bleached but its kinda orangey and some pieces didn't bleach at all (the ends barely bleached, and my mom loaded it on there) we left it in for about half an hour.

So tonight we tried it again and it definately got lighter but still the place where the color was before is still orangey and the ends aren't bleached. I used purple colored conditioner and it didn't do anything.

Any help? I'm not sure it'd be safe to bleach my hair AGAIN, I don't want my hair to fall out :P

Also, how long do I have to wait after bleaching it to dye it purple/pink?

oceanduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oceanduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2008 at 10:00pm
you can also ask on www.goblonde.net
fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2008 at 11:30am
Yeah goblonde.net is awesome; I've learned so much from that site!

Flaming: you COULD try a colour remover, but it may not work now since you've already bleached your hair twice. Usually, you would use the colour remover (sulpher based) first, and then do bleaching because bleaching can drive some pigments further into the hair shaft. Why not try it and see if it gets rid of some of that left over pigment.

If that's not in your plans, I would do a deep conditioning/protein treatment on your hair and see how your hair feels. Could it take one more bleaching? If you do another bleach, use foils and put conditioner on all the hair that already looks blonde so it is not affected. Apply the bleach ONLY to the orange parts and process for 60 mins if necessary. Then do another conditioning treatment - protein, and apply your pink or purple. The fun colours definitely look more vibrant on yellow to pale yellow hair. But you could put it on the orange and get SOME colour. Depends what you're looking for. Hope it goes OK!
Love clip-ins and tape!
Flamingradio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamingradio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2008 at 6:57pm

Does the color remover damage your hair at all like bleach does?

And, so if i just put some conditioner on the upper part of my hair it won't be affected?

fakeizme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakeizme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Flamingradio Flamingradio wrote:

Does the color remover damage your hair at all like bleach does?

And, so if i just put some conditioner on the upper part of my hair it won't be affected?

No sulpher-based removers don't damage the hair. I'm not an expert, but I've read that they basically decrease the dye pigments/molecules from oxidative dyes so they can be washed out (science!). Now, Effesol (I think) is bleach based, which means it will act like bleach and damage your hair. It's not necessarily a bad product, but it IS harder on the hair.

Yes, put a LOT of heavy conditioner (like Queen Helene's Cholesterol) on all the hair you don't want to touch. I sometimes even apply a shine spray or silicone serum on top of the conditioner for extra protection. This SHOULD protect it, BUT if you leave bleach on too long, it will eventually eat throught the conditioner. Always take bleach off before you reach the white blonde stage or your hair will turn into gum!LOL Believe me, I know.
Love clip-ins and tape!
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2008 at 2:18pm

You don't need to have the area you want to add the pink/purple pure blonde, even though you are saying its an orangy tone, the pink or purple will still grab onto this area. You may have to repeat this once or twice as all the bleaching you have done will have made your hair porous, therefor you may need to re-apply the pink/purple again.

There are some good products on the marked that will lift and deposit colour at the same time. I would however be wary of bleaching your hair again. Shocked

KarenSmile

Edited by karen s - June 04 2008 at 2:19pm
karen sanderson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic