Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dyed Hair and Sun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mitzu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dyed Hair and Sun
    Posted: December 31 2002 at 11:19am
Hi .... I dye my hair regularly using a permanent hair color. It is now time color my hair -- but I am going on vacation to Dominican Republic and will be in the sun and pool ALOT. Should I color my hair before going -- or wait until I`m back in my snowy city? Right now my hair color is faded and looks somewhat brassy or light faded brown (reddish tinge). How about using a semi-permanent color before leaving?

Thanks alot.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2002 at 1:24pm
I say wait til you return to the frozen North. Water and especially sun break down hair color quickly, and although ALL color will fade no matter how gentle your cleansing/styling products are, exposure to the elements only exacerbates the process. Whatever you decide, have a beautiful vacation and enjoy yourself!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic