Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Protein

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Protein
    Posted: January 03 2003 at 6:52pm
Is there such a thing as too much protein usage? I`m asking, because suddenly, today.. my hair has become rather `frizzy`..and i`ve done nothing different.. apart from use my redken products, so I`m wondering as it contains protein..does too much make it a bad thing?
AmandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2003 at 8:00pm
I`ve heard about stuff like that happening to people with the Redken & Joico products. I think there is such a thing as too much of a good thing, like over-conditioning.
Was your hair really frizzy before you started using the Redken? Or was it just minimally damaged? I think if your hair wasn`t too damaged to begin with, the shampoo/conditioner, will actually do the opposite it`s supposed to do.
Ex. Shampoo for dry, damaged hair that contains proteins, that makes a person`s hair dry. Maybe their hair wasn`t dry or damaged enough to begin with.
I hope I`m making sense.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2003 at 10:16am
Protein won`t make your hair dry but it can build up over time and get rather hard feeling. It is designed to reinforce the hair shaft, thus minimizing damage, but it can leave your hair feeling like wood after awhile. As far as Redken goes though, none of that line`s products contain nearly enough protein to cause that. They are much heavier into moisturizing ingredients. However subtle atmospheric changes could be to blame--especially if it`s damp. I swear there will be days when I wake it, do my hair exactly as I have 138,395,693 times before and by the time I get to the office it`s a frizzy wreck. Dear God, please send us in Michigan some predictable weather for a change! :-)
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2003 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

Protein won't make your hair dry but it can build up over time and get rather hard feeling. It is designed to reinforce the hair shaft, thus minimizing damage, but it can leave your hair feeling like wood after awhile. As far as Redken goes though, none of that line's products contain nearly enough protein to cause that. They are much heavier into moisturizing ingredients. However subtle atmospheric changes could be to blame--especially if it's damp. I swear there will be days when I wake it, do my hair exactly as I have 138,395,693 times before and by the time I get to the office it's a frizzy wreck. Dear God, please send us in Michigan some predictable weather for a change! :-)

I used CAT Replenish AND Extreme together, and they`re both protien things.. and I`m sure I`m not supposed to use both together! ;P

But, my hair last night looked awfully frizzy.. I`m not sure if it was because I left it to air dry, and it hadn`t dried all the way and it was still damp.

Maybe it`s also in my imagination?! lol.. I am due for a trim though, so, it could possibly be that as well?! Oh I dunno..*mumbles about hair*..:P

I guess, the reason why I`m obsessing about my hair more than normal, is because I`m on a mission to grow it!

x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic