Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wanting something new.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SHANNON. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHANNON. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wanting something new.
    Posted: September 27 2008 at 4:42pm
well I want a new haircut because I really feel the need for something new. my hair goes to about one to two inches past my shoulders, so it's not extremely long. my hair isn't that curly, but is extremely thick. so I thought that going a little shorter would make it even easier to straighten. because when I straighten it now, it pretty much turns into an afro and is wayy too poofy. I'm willing to do some blow drying and straightening, that was the whole point of this. I wanted something that touched the top of my shoulders... like this ?

and yeah, I'm not a crepper, I know this girl from school (:
you can't see all of it, but I would like bangs to go with it.
I want something that I'll be able to straighten and KEEP straight.

thanks.

Edited by SHANNON. - September 27 2008 at 6:42pm
SHANNON. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHANNON. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 5:42pm
anyone ?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2008 at 9:27pm

Sounds like you're going to have to learn how to use a round brush; your stylist should help you with this.  Also, this board is a little slow on the weekends; you'll probably get more attention later in the week.

HAWG
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2008 at 11:44am
do you have a picture of you?
why not just go for it, sounds like only a few inches  no big deal!!
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
SHANNON. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHANNON. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2008 at 1:51pm
I do have a roundbrush, and a blowdryer and yeah I though that a couple of inches would be no big deal... I just have to convince my parents, because they actually refused to get me a haircut. I haven't even gotten one in about five months, so I thought it was good since I'm getting split ends.
I'm taking pictures right now.

Edited by SHANNON. - September 28 2008 at 2:00pm
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2008 at 2:07pm
why not try something like this   this way you still have the below shoulder look in front and the back is shorter??
i think this would be KILLER on you!!!
SHANNON. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHANNON. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2008 at 2:17pm
I really do like those, I've always kinda had a thing for bobs. I'm just not sure if I'd take the plunge yet.

but my hair has a mind of it's own, and I haven't put it down in five months, so I haven't realized how much it's grown. the last time I got a haircut, the woman used these razors with large teeth in them that removed some of my hair without cutting it... but honestly, it didn't make a difference at all. I'm to the point were I'd just shave my head.

my hair does look a little shorter then I mentioned here because it's kinda curly and has been up all day. I'm just tired of having to put it up 24/7.

it has it's random bizzare moments...

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2008 at 7:45pm
Lovebobs 2nd pic would really look great on you.  Have fun with this and please let us know what you decide.
HAWG
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2008 at 8:07am
go for it, itll get rid of the poof at the bottom.
be prepared to have to straighten it with a flat iron but you have nice eyes and haircolor
and i think it will look nice on you......
well???
you need to take a picture to the salon with you to show them how you want the back thinned
use the one i posten and youll do fine
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2008 at 11:07am
Shannon,

I have to be honest....I would be concerned about going much shorter than what you have.  Unless you are willing to spend TONS of time in the bathroom with a flat iron, I wouldn't go for the suggested cuts.  Your hair is too thick and too textured to do this without alot of work.  I actually have clients with thick hair like yours that get this cut and it looks REALLY good when it is done but if the leave it without the flat iron, it is a large mess.  If I were you, I would keep the length but get LOTS of layers put in.  That would look good, work with your current texture, and still look really good if you flat iron it.  Just my two cents worth......

A really good question to ask is where do you live?  Is it very humid there?  Get alot of rain?

-Brian
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2008 at 11:10am
Shannon,

I have to be honest....I would be concerned about going much shorter than what you have.  Unless you are willing to spend TONS of time in the bathroom with a flat iron, I wouldn't go for the suggested cuts.  Your hair is too thick and too textured to do this without alot of work.  I actually have clients with thick hair like yours that get this cut and it looks REALLY good when it is done but if the leave it without the flat iron, it is a large mess.  If I were you, I would keep the length but get LOTS of layers put in.  That would look good, work with your current texture, and still look really good if you flat iron it.  Just my two cents worth......

A really good question to ask is where do you live?  Is it very humid there?  Get alot of rain?

-Brian
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2008 at 9:53pm
Any news?
HAWG
natedogre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natedogre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2008 at 5:11pm
we are in the "ber" months - i'd lay off cutting it really short for a bit. after that, it's snip snip ^_^ 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic