Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

vivid red hair color - which brand is best?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ahen151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahen151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vivid red hair color - which brand is best?
    Posted: October 04 2008 at 8:27pm

I'm planning on coloring my hair to a really vivid red... not quite primary, but almost.  I want it to look sort of comic book-esque but not punk.  Hope that sort of makes sense...  Anyway, I've been looking at a lot of color & it's been really tough finding good shades.  Any suggestions for brands?  Also, my eyebrows are super ash-toned.  How can I warm them up a bit without turning them orange? 

Thanks ;)
thanks.
Dakotaddd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakotaddd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2008 at 11:57am
Reds are the trickiest of all hair colors . . . they have not mastered the red pigment to the level of blonds and brunettes and they tend to fade quicker than their counterparts.
I have spent 10 years testing Reds ( as a colorist and a natural red head myself) in the search for the best and most vivid and luxurious red hair colors. Testing them on my self, on clients and in my mini lab . .

The very best reds are made by Wella in the their Koleston Perfect line of hair color. Wella make 6 different lines of hair color and only one I would recommend is the Koleston Perfect line. Its Wella's European line of professional hair color.  That can of course be bought online at different sources . . . if you really look  - -  you may Google: Killerstrands and we have a little underground store where you can purchase it if you have a hard time finding it.
The best for what you are talking about I feel would be 66/46 Forbidden - which is a LEVEL 6 Red-Violet in their INTENSIVE Reds collection...either that or 55/44 Passion - a level 5 Red-Red - this one is definetely comic book-esque . . . check out the color charts on Wella or over in Killerstrands Group.

hth
hope that helps

DD
ahen151 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahen151 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2008 at 8:18pm
Thanks so much!  I'll be sure to look into those. 
thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic