Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help Please! Orange won't quit!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aidyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Please! Orange won't quit!
    Posted: October 19 2008 at 2:14pm
Hi everyone.
i have medium/dark brown hair. it's long and thick.
i have had blonde highlights in the past and dyed my hair dark brown to cover them. i got sick of that so went back to really light blonde highlights. i decided i had enough of touchups so i dyed my hair an auburn brown color at home...so probably permanent color. i hated the way it turned orange after a while so i dyed it a natural brown color at home. it looked great for a while but it turned orange again. i got sick of it so i went to a salon and told her i wanted to go back to my roots and i hated the orange. she dyed my hair a pretty dark brown demi permanent color and said to come back in 3 weeks and we'd do it again to get the hair to hold the color. i've gone three times and my hair keeps going back to an orangey color. (especially in bright light it is just soooo orange looking) i hate it!!!

does anyone know what i can do to get rid of the orange for good?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by aidyl - October 19 2008 at 2:16pm
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 2:48pm
Is it an orange tone or just golden tones?

The reason being you an  blue based ash tone is needed to cancel out the warmth.

Did your stylist pre pigment (filler) with a colour first before applying your desired colour, if not this is why you keep getting the warmth showing through.

Karen.
karen sanderson
aidyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2008 at 10:32pm
hi
thanks for your reply. the hairdresser did not put in filler. she said b/c i had highlights at some point in the past i didn't need them?

but obviously somethings not working, so maybe that's it!

i've included some pictures of my hair in different light. it always either looks red or orangey or maroone and even multi colored. it shouldnt be any. my natural color is brown (and if anything, golden tones) the last 2 pics are of my hair before the red/orange problem. (i had blonde highlights)

Edited by aidyl - October 19 2008 at 10:53pm
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2008 at 9:43am
If your looking to have your hi lights done in the future, then you will need to stick with a demi, as permanent colours are harder to lift out the hair.

In the meantime stick with your demi permanent, but got for a light ash brown, the ash should cancel out warm tones in your hair.

What is showing through is the auburn tones due to previous colour and yes she should have filled in the hi lighted areas as this is what the warm tones are grabbing on to.

Karen

PS If this is your partner, you make a lovely couple:)
karen sanderson
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2008 at 4:50am
I like all the pics...you look good with the gold tones AND red tones. The first pics look a lot like my hair did when I highlighted it. After a few washings, it toned down a lot. I've sinced colored with medium ash brown and now my highlights are barely there, and basically brown (no red) with just a hint of being lighter brown than the rest of my (medium to dark) brown hair. I used perm color but demi would work just as well (because my roots are grey).

1) at first

2) now

Edited by Elissa - October 21 2008 at 4:53am
[/url]

aidyl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aidyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2008 at 8:01am
thanks karen and elissa!

elissa, the red really did come out!

so i will probably go back to the salon when i have the money and try the filler and ash color.
Slipknothartgir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slipknothartgir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2008 at 12:54pm
I just wanted to add this.i think any hair olor would look good on u.U r very pretty.I color my hair red because I love it on me,but to be honest.I like the red on u to.If u r not use to it,I can understand how u would feel though.Good luck on your hair coloring! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic