Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

curly hair. not as easy as it looks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: curly hair. not as easy as it looks
    Posted: November 23 2008 at 9:38pm
I am an avid member of the long hair care forum and have slightly wavy to straight hair.  my sister rolled my hair in sponge rollers for a wedding I went to and learned about hair and curls

I always thought curly hair was simple to work with and much easier than straight hair.  I was wrong.  I learned very quickly how fast hair (curls) can go to frizz.  I also found out how much thicker hair is when curly.  I was shocked.  I did love my hair curly and received a lot of compliments.  it was nice to have curly hair for a few days

I thought I'd post a picture in case anyone is interested how it looked

I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2008 at 7:05pm
beautiful curls! Gosh your hair is long too. I am trying to grow mine out - it's almost to my mid-back. 
~
Life Love Beauty
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2008 at 11:08am
Your curls came out nice...they look like my sisters when I did hers with a curling iron...and curly hair does tangle quicker..when I straightened my last, my hair didn't tangle n shed as much
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2008 at 2:48pm
thanks guys
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
Jaidey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaidey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 8:30am
Good afternoon, I am a Newbie and would like some information... I am from South Africa so our time zones would be totally out. Right now the time is almost 3 in the afternoon and where most of you guys are its almost 7 in the morning. My daughter has very thick EXTREMELY curly hair. As soon as I wash / wet her hair it goes all wild. Bare in mind she's only 4... and has a sister the age of 2 - her (my 2 year old) hair is still manageable because its still short. Now back to my 4 year old. Her hair is very strong and reaches about 10 fingers away from her buttocks. This makes it even harder to take care of. Heres the dillemma, I have been dabbling with thoughts of relaxer for a very long time now. Almost 8 months. I am at my wits end trying homemade remedies that dont seem to work on her extremely dry hair. Is there someone out there who can help me. Pleeeeeeease Confused I dont know where else to turn and I found this site almost by accident.
I dont SUFFER from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2008 at 11:22am
I think she's too young for a relaxer...which can damage her hair. I've heard that for thick curly hair, like I'm guessing your daughter has, combing it while its wet can be easier than if its dry and some have found that combing while the hair has has shampoo is easier as well because it gives the hair a lil slip to it. You can also try using a natural moisturizer like EVOO to keep the hair moisturized so it wouldn't be so dry and fluff out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic