Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thin Hair After Ponytail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unseen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unseen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thin Hair After Ponytail
    Posted: December 16 2008 at 12:36am
Hi Everyone

I had long hair for a few years, for about a year it was in a ponytail.  Didn't take much care of it (a la washing/combing).  Now I buzz cut it and it's a bit thin. 

Is that normal after having it long for so long?  Is it because when it was long strands got pulled out by the root so they'll be a bit behind the actual hair that was cut?  It seems like there is tiny hair around the slightly longer (1 cm or so) hair.  Will it become even again?

Thanks!
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 1:33am
Hi,I'm not really sure if I'm right,but here is my opinion.

When my hair is long,it is VERY VERY thick,but when cut very short it seems thin.I think this is because the longer your hair is,the more depth it has so it seems thicker.
Also,hair that is buzzed seems thin because hair that is just started to grow in is usually kind of fine.Once it grows out it becomes courser.

I think if you grew your hair out a bit past the buzz stage you'd see it becoming thicker looking.(?)

Unseen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unseen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 10:24am
Cool, that makes me feel better, thanks! Smile
Unseen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unseen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 10:27am
I just took a close look.  And it's like all around the hair that is long there are a lot of mini hairs.  I figure I should shave it all off again, and then they'll all grow in at around the same length?
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 5:13pm
seems like the mini hairs are either new hairs that just started growing (what I'm going to guess it is) or maybe somehow they got broken off?

If you shaved it,it probably would grow in the same length.
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2008 at 10:51pm
The mini hairs could be broken off hair from the ponytail...if the ponytail was too tight it could have broken off some of the hair and the mini hairs could be whats left..you're hair should be the same thickness once its all the same length, unless you see some major signs of thinness, like lots of hair falling out or blading spots.
Unseen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unseen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2009 at 9:05pm
I've shaved it once, it still seems thin, and there are still those mini hairs.  When a light is directly on top of me I can see through to my scalp.  Any thoughts?  Should I see my doctor?  Would shaving it a few more times help?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic