Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Contest - Y.E.S. Rejuvenating Eye Patches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ai520long View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ai520long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contest - Y.E.S. Rejuvenating Eye Patches
    Posted: January 20 2009 at 2:37am

HAPPILY lived Mankind in the peaceful Valley of Ignorance.

To the north, to the south, to the west and to the east stretched the ridges of the Hills

Everlasting.

A little stream of Knowledge trickled slowly through a deep worn gully.

It came out of the Mountains of the Past.

It lostWoW Gold, itself in the Mashes of the Future.

It was not much, as rivers go. But it was enough for the humble needs of the villagers.

In the evening, when they had watered their cattle and had filled their casks, they were

content to sit down to enjoy life.

The Old Men Who Knew were brought forth from the shady corners where they had spent their

day, pondering over the mysterious pages of an old book.

They mumbled strange words to their grandchildren, who would have preferred to play with the

pretty pebbles, brought down from distant lands.

Often WoW Gold,these words were not very clear.

But they were written a thousand years ago by a forgotten race. Hence they were holy.

For in the Valley of Ignorance, whatever was old was venerable. And, those who dared to

gainsay the wisdom of the fathers, were shunned by all decent people.

And so they kept their peace.

Fear was ever with them. What if they should be refused the common share of the products of

the garden?

Vaguewotlk power leveling,

stories there were, whispered at night among the narrow streets of the little town, vague

stories of men and women who had dared to ask questions.

They had gone forth, and never again had they been seen.

A few had tried to scale the high walls of the rocky range that hid the sun.

Their whitened bones lay at the foot of the cliffs.

The years came and the years went by.

Happily lived Mankind in the peaceful Valley of Ignorance.

Out of the darkness crept a man.

The nails of his hands were torn.

His feet were covered with rags, red with the blood of long marches.

He stumbled to the door of the nearest hut and knocked.

Then he fainted. By the light of a frightened candle, he was carried to a cot.

In the morning throughout the village it was known: "He has come back."

The neighbors stood around and shook their heads. They had always known that this was to be

the end.

Defeat and surrender awaited those who dared to stroll away from the foot of the mountains.

And in one corner of the village the Old Men shook their heads and whispered burning words.

They did not mean to be cruel, but the Law was the Law. Bitterly this man had sinned against

the wishes of Those Who Knew.

As soon as his wounds were healed he must be brought to trial.

They meant to be lenient.

They remembered the strange, burning eyes of his mother. They recalled the tragedy of his

father, lost in the desert these thirty years ago.

The Law, however, was the Law; and the Law must be obeyed.

The Men Who Knew would see to that.

They carried the wanderer to the Market Place, and the people stood around in respectful

silence.

He was still weak from hunger and thirst and the Elders bade him sit down.

He refused.

They ordered him to be silent.

But he spoke.

Upon the Old Man he turned his back and his eyes sought those who but a short time before had

been his comrades.

“Listen to me,” he implored.” Listen to me and be rejoiced. I have come back from beyond

the mountains. My feet have trod a fresh soil. My hands have felt the touch of

FFXI Gil,other races. My eyes have seen wondrous sights.

“When I was a child, my world was the garden of my father.

“To the west and to the east, to the south and to the north lay the ranges from the

Beginning of Time.

“When I asked what they were hiding, there was a hush and a hasty shaking of heads. When I

insisted, I was taken to the rocks and shown the bleached bones of those who had dared to

defy the Gods.

“When I cried out and said, ‘It’s a lie! The Gods love those who were brave!’ the Men Who

Knew came and read to me from their sacred books. The Law, they explained, had ordained all

things of Heaven and Earth. The Valley was ours to have and to hold. The animals and the

flowers, the fruit and the fishes were ours, to do

powerleveling-us/">world of warcraft power leveling,our bidding. But the mountains were

of the Gods. What lay beyond was to remain unknown until the End of Time.

“So they spoke, and they lied. They lied to me, even as they have lied to you.

“There are pastures in those hills. Meadows too, as rich as any. And men and women of our

own flesh and blood. And cities resplendent with the glories of a thousand years of labor.

And his body they threw at the foot of the cliffs, that it might lie there as a warning to

all who questioned the wisdom of the ancestors.

Then it happened a short time latter that there was a great drought0. The little Brook of

Knowledge ran dry. The cattle died of thirst. The harvest perished in the fields, and there

was hunger in the Valley of Ignorance.

They were pushed aside. They complained of their lot. They bewailed the ingratitude of their

children, but when the last wagon pulled out of the village, they stopped the driver and

forced him to take them along.

The careful pioneer had blazed a clear trail through the woods and amidst the endless

wildness of rock.

“His bones lie rotting at the foot of the cliffs, but the Old Men sit in our carts and chant

their ancient days ……

“He saved us, and we slew him ……

“We are sorry that it happened, but of course, if we could have known at the time ……”

Then they unharnessed their horses and their oxen and they drove their cows and their goats

into the pastures and they built themselves houses and laid out their fields and they lived

happily for a long time afterwards.

A few years later, an attempt was made to bury the brave pioneer in the fine new edifice ,

which had been erected as a home for the Wise Old Men.

A solemn procession went back to the now deserted valley, but when the spot was reached where

his body ought to have been, it was no longer there.

A hungry jackal had dragged it to his lair.

A smallWoW Gold,stone was then placed at the foot of the

trail(now a magnificent highway). It gave the name of the man who had first defied the dark

terror of the unknown, that his people might be guided into a new freedom.

And it stated that it had been erected by a grateful posterity.

AsWorld Of Warcraft gold, it was in the beginning—as

it is now—and as some day(so we hope)it shall no longer be。

Let love fly free

lifelovebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifelovebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2008 at 4:50pm
Sweepstakes link and Official Rules: http://www.lifelovebeauty.com/home/contests/244-december-contest-1-refresh-yourself-and-escape-stress-for-the-holidays.html

In the latest Life Love Beauty contest, we are asking our readers – How do you escape stress OR How do you manage and deal with stress in your life. Please see our contest guidelines for official rules and more info!

Prize: One lucky winner will $20 worth of Y.E.S. Rejuvenating Eye Patches, which soothe and soften the skin around the eyes. Y.E.S. Rejuvenating Eye Patches also hydrate the skin over time and increase the elasticity and softness of the skin around the eyes.

Entry Limit: 1 entry per person

Eligibility: Open to residents of the United States (including Hawaii) and Puerto Rico, age 18 and up, or age 13 through 17 with written parental permission. All state and local laws apply. Void where prohibited.

Expiration Date: Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 11:59 p.m.

Edited by lifelovebeauty - December 16 2008 at 4:50pm
~
Life Love Beauty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic