Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fried Hair/Hair Loss Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally17 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fried Hair/Hair Loss Issues
    Posted: May 16 2003 at 10:40am
Hello,

I need some help please. I have naturally curly/wavy hair, just below the shoulders. For the past year, I have been washing my hair about 2 times each week, and constantly using the hair dryer and the curling iron to straighten my hair. It''''s gotten to the point where I''''m having hair loss, alot of split ends, and my hair looking fried and flat all the time. I try and curl the ends with the curling iron sometimes, just so I will have volume in my hair. However, all it''''s doing is creating more split ends, and frying my hair to a crisp. Now, when I wash my hair, and don''''t use the curling iron or the hair dryer, my hair dries up and becomes frizzy, curly/knotty and it tends to puff out alot. Would you maybe have any suggestions or solutions for my problem?

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 11:21am
I would definetly suggest maybe getting a trim. Also, oil the ends and deep condition regularly. I would avoid the heat you use on your hair for awhile...or use it on much lower settings. Hair looks best in its natural state and curls are beautiful...so don't straigten it for awhile and see how it goes.
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2003 at 12:05pm
Hi AmberJune,

Soooooo good to see you. And great advice I might add. :-)

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic