Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Found Celebrity Organic Hair Product's secret!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dr.SurferGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.SurferGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Found Celebrity Organic Hair Product's secret!
    Posted: July 19 2009 at 7:57pm
Hey girls, I just want to share with you what I've experience with organic hair products and my point of view on them.

I am an organic maniac! I LOOOOVE Whole Foods, Trader Joes and Estella Jin Organic Hair Smile Why? because give you better energy, less carcinogenic, and just over all better for your mind, body and soul.

Last month, I over heard a rumor at my stylist's salon by UCLA that THE secret behind Hollywood actress like Jennifer Aniston's fine silky and smooth hair are using organic hair treatment sprays as the final touch. They use this simple spray on organic treatment called Deesse by Estella Jin.

So i decided to try it, and i was literally amazed of the results. Silky smooth hair, made my hair thicker after 2 weeks use, it protects my hair and restores it even right after i surf. But before I get into why, I just want to say something about misconception of organic hair care products that i feel strongly about.

Most people are skeptical that organic product doesnt work well. That is true because unfortunately, most people don't put up the money for it. You pay for what you get.

Organic food and products cost more because it cost more to make! Growing something organic, means no chemicals, thus means special personal care, labor and attention. So if you're cheap, might as well not buy organic because you're just throwing your money away.

I used to use this Aveda organic product Dead(Aveda - products that nurture. hair care. styling. light elements(tm) smoothing fluid) that suppose to soften my hair, it runs for a ~$24 +S&H for a dinky 3.5oz bottle, from my experience it works so-so.

Another brand that I first tried was Giovanni's organic lineDead (Giovanni Cosmetics you can find them at integrative green pharmacies such as Pharmaca), their product are not as organic as Aveda and Estella Jin's, and it didn't work as well as Aveda and Estella Jin. That's why Giovanni is much cheaper ~$7 for a 5 fl oz bottle because their product are inferior in my opinion (but their bottles looks stylish). Giovanni actually use a lot of chemicals in thier product, for example, too much fragrance (smells like as if im wearing perfume), and it leaves a thin layer of oily residue that makes my hair sticky after it dried.

Then i started using the organic Deesse by Estella Jin Beverly Hills Clap( Estella Jin Beverhly Hills )that one has much better results and the best value too, for about the same price (and a free bottle when you sign up for their free club), they sent me a huge 8fl oz bottle! thats 240ml! (and FREE SHIPPING!! ) Lasted me a whole month and a half. They use certified organic and natural ingredients like chamomile, jojoba extract, green tea, kelp and things like that, it works very well. Especially for a surfer girl's hair like mine thats always expose to junk in the ocean!

In summary, organic hair care products works well if you want to pay for the quality product. If you want to be cheap and get cheapo products, thats your choice and thats why they don't work well.

Personally, my favorite is Deesse, best bank for the buck and i saved some money too by not needing to go back to stylist to repair my hair as often because I'm using the organic Deesse.

anyhow, if anyone can help, I'm also looking for some suggestions on organic gel for my bf, anyone knows one that actually works well and maintain hair structural integrity thru out the day without reapplying?

Thanks!

Alice Tongue

Edited by Dr.SurferGirl - July 19 2009 at 8:19pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic