Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Opinion time: Blonde or Brunette

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opinion time: Blonde or Brunette
    Posted: August 12 2003 at 9:26pm

I just done reading my 2nd favorite website www.fark.com and they were talking about an article stating research has shown that men prefer brunettes over blondes. Just seeing what the general consensus is for both sexes.

I myself am a female blonde who does not get many dates so maybe that's my problem (just kidding). I do prefer men with darker hair. Always have and always will.

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2003 at 9:41pm
Well I have read surveys that state just the opposite, that men prefer blondes. And when you consider that seemingly half the females in America dye their hair blonde and most of the men's magazines have blondes on the cover you would think that to be true.

But in my opinion, these surveys are ridiculous. Usually they only survey a few hundred people or maybe a few thousand and are usually not even scientific.

I don't think anyone really knows if men prefer women who are blondes or brunettes. It is all guesswork.

Besides, all you need to find is one guy anyway that likes you, whatever your hair color!!!
tina
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2003 at 11:46pm
OMG, I love fark,too!!!!

Anyhow, I have read that men prefer brunettes over blondes. I don't care,however. I don't believe it's true because it's a generalization. It's just as generalized a stereotype as blonde=stupid or brunette=brainy.

Men are human beings just like us women. They each have individualistic dis/likes and preferences. An entire group of people and their opinions cannot be summed up that easily. Anyhow, I honestly think that our society is too hung up on what the opposite sex likes or dislikes.
allie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2003 at 11:48pm
I like blonde hair best. Also, for what it's worth, most of the men I know say they prefer redheads.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 4:02am
*shrugs* I place more importance on a nice hairstyle than whether someone's blonde or brunette, myself. *thinks* But I guess, given two equally attractive women with equally attractive haircuts, I'd probably show a slight preference towards the dark-haired girl. But really it could go either way.
I know it's not an option. . . *laughs*. . . but the only shade I can think of I would have a strong preference towards is blue, actually. Wouldn't even matter if it were dark or light, just I've been a sucker for blue hair as long as I can remember :-) .
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 8:11am
Well, thet's the THIRD time at least that
I've read this statistic about men actually
prefering brunettes. I believe i first read
it in a Toronto Star survey about a decade
ago, and then again in a teen magazine
or two about five years ago. However,
as pointed out above, it's hard to be
scientific about these things. You'd really
need a representative sample of teens/
grownups, whites/blacks/asians/natives/
australoids, rich/middle class/poor etc.
in order to really have a reliable survey,
I think. Anyway, read these boards. Guys
are different. Some prefer one color,
others another. Anyway, I think that it
shouldn't matter too much. You as a whole
are more important.

On my own part, I don't think hair color is
very important at all, though my "type"
may tend to be fairer haired. I actually
like "mousy" (dark ashy blonde hair that
so many women bleach and highlight. I
prefer hair to be natural out of principle