Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Long Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing Long Hair
    Posted: August 21 2003 at 12:09am
I realize that this question may not be able to be answered, but was curious as to anyone who perhaps may be in my position.

When I was a child, my hair was always very long -- past my waist and almost to my hips. I've always had fine hair, but quite a bit of it and have not worn it long since I was 12.

I have only been able to grow my hair to about 2 inches past my shoulders, after that point, it just breaks off and looks frayed, so it always ends up being cut and always being the same length.

I've recently started taking Hair Formula 37 Vitamins (I also take a separate MSM supplement) and re-vamped my diet to include lean protein with every meal, lots of colorful vegetables and several fruits per day and lots of water, in addition to the good fats, i.e. flax, borage, olive, etc. I don't smoke or drink alcohol either. I'm wanting to grow my hair to at least halfway if not longer down my back and am unsure if this is even possible, or if anyone in the same position as I'm in has been able to accomplish it. I'm wondering if coloring my hair with permanent hair color is affecting my ability to grow my hair long (I use Loreal, and only on the roots -- never color over color).

I do blow dry my hair every day, in addition to curling it (if I didn't, my hair would look really frizzy and thin) and using hairspray in a small amount.

I just want a change, and would like any input from those of you who have accomplished this.

Thanks for any feedback you can give! :)
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2003 at 2:39pm
Your hair has been very long, so there is no reason why it can't get there again. My mum is growing her hair again after thirty years, and thought several times about giving up. It only really started to grow after she ditched her products and dryer, so try this. Your hair is fried, so use intensive conditioners to keep it happy.
If your hair goes flat, try using some large rollers on it when it's damp, to make it bouncy.

Don't forget that there is lots of good advice on this site, and also in the 'long hair support forum'. Try posting there for help.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic