Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi from Minnesota!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Qadupae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qadupae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi from Minnesota!
    Posted: December 28 2009 at 2:43am
Hey everyone! New here to the hair forums. I decided to join because these last 3-4 years have been terrible for my hair and I need a little group support and inspiration. My hair type is very fine and smooth, so it likes to lay flat. It is also pretty oily and has the tendency to fight anything I do with it like curling.

Right now, I have been cutting my own hair for about 5 months at a very short length, about 1-2 inches all the way around with bangs in front. It has worked for the most part, but once again I am getting bored and frustrated with it and want to try something new.

I used to have my hair long and straight, did nothing to it until about 16 years old when I dyed it for the first time. I did commercial dyes for about 4 years until I decided, and failed, at bleaching it. Since I was already cutting my hair shorter and shorter at age 18, I shaved it all off to help promote new hair growth.

Since then, I've tried once and failed at growing my hair out a little longer again and mostly just keep to the pixie like cut for now, but I am craving longer hair once more. I've also done a few commercial dyes since the shaving, but I've switched back to dying with henna, which for me works very nicely since I really only like the darker red color anyways.

Anyways, enough of my rambling. I can't wait to meet new people and get some great ideas soon! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic