Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A question about a 'bob' hairstyle...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stranger View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A question about a 'bob' hairstyle...
    Posted: December 28 2003 at 11:21am
Hello everyone. I plan on getting the hairstyle in the picture below, however I don't know what kind of style it is other than it being called a "bob". What kind of bob is it exactly?

Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 5:54pm
Wow! Very attractive lady and a very attractive bob hairstyle.
This is just a standard bob hairdo.
Some bobs are longer than this, some even a little shorter tucked behind the ears. It is a nice style. I hope you enjoy it!
poloppity View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poloppity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 7:07pm
Hmmm, nice haircut.
Good luck with only having one eye, I'm sure the lack of depth perception won't be a problem.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2003 at 7:56pm
Yes it's a bobb, but there are many different versions of a bobb.

I would suggest most definately taking this pic with you. This style looks modified all the way around with some shaped slight stacking in the back, and the sides are layered to soften both front corners.

How this cut works for you, depends on your hair type and texture, what your neckline is like.

But do take the picture with you. Let us know how you like it.

And, oh yeah the highlights are great in the pic too....have you thought about adding some?
Stranger View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2003 at 4:03am
Thanks for the replies.

Hmm, I can see how my hair type and texture will affect the outcome of the cut, but what do you mean by neckline?

I had originally not considered getting highlights, but now that I think of it, they look pretty good, so yeah, I'm getting highlights also.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2003 at 6:27am
Hi Stranger,
This is one of those cuts that you have to take a persons neckline into account. Everyones neckline is different. Some cuts that are cut or stacked above or around the neckline can lay better than others. But it's usually just a slight adjustment to length or weight to get a cut to lay the way you want in the back.

I have a few clients with necklines so high in the back that we have to change the cut to accomodate.

The highlights sound fun, too. It really is a cute style.
Stranger View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2003 at 7:13am
Ahh, I see.

Well, thanks for the tips and replies everyone. I appreciate it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic