Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

healthy scalp & getting rid of dandruff

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
susanp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: healthy scalp & getting rid of dandruff
    Posted: December 31 2003 at 1:08am
I have a problem with dandruff building up on my scalp. When I look through my hair at my scalp I can spot big flakes and when I scrape them off it leaves a red mark. I don't mean to be gross, but I'm concened it might be causing my hair to thin and making my hair grow slow and be unhealthy from an unhealthy scalp. I thought it was just a dry scalp and was using monoi oil, jojoba and olive oil on it but it didn't help. I take a teaspoon each of of flax seed and cod liver oil. I've switched products around from drug store brands (i.e. Clairol, Aussie, etc) , Paul Mitchell, Aubery Organics, Abba, and the list goes on thinking maybe an ingredient was drying/irritating my scalp's skin. Any other ideas what can be causing this? I don't have the money to go to a dermatologist for this so just trying home remedies.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2003 at 4:22am
Have you tried Neutrogena T-gel? If it's scalp psoriasis or something, that should help control it. Also, tea tree oil will probably help, even if it's a scalp infection of some sort. It smells a little strong, though, so I wouldn't put it on just before going out of the house, but it's pretty good stuff anyway.
More awesome than a manatee!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic