Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is It Real Or Is It Add-on Length?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is It Real Or Is It Add-on Length?
    Posted: May 23 2010 at 6:01pm
I was just reading that the series Psych on USA is coming back in July.  I also noticed new images of Maggie Lawson from Psych here in the HB directory.

She seems to have such pretty long blonde hair but I am always fooled these days by celebs who seem to have extensions but act like they have long hair.  Is Maggie's hair real or extensions?  Does anyone know?

Is there any way to tell from the TV if a celeb has "real" long hair or it's extensions?  Or do you have to be up close in person to tell? 

I have been growing my own hair for the past two years and it's bra strap length because it grows so slow but I have recently been advised by some of my friends to just get extensions, which I have resisted because to me that's sort of cheating. 

Am I wrong about that?  What do you all think?

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2010 at 11:43am
Hi alexdo,

Personally I would advise against getting hair extensions in any circomestance when your hair is bra-strap length.  You've done great getting your hair as long as it is with patience and care, and if it is in good condition it will continue to grow longer.  Congratulations, and hang in there. Smile
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 9:55am
Yet, for argument?  Hair extensions are great for a girl to play with.  Let's say she has never had long hair and is not keen on growing it long for she has no idea how it will be received.

But, she wants to know?  In that respect, it is a plus.  Instant long hair and she can see how friends, family and the general public receives it.

Don't get me wrong... I love long hair... but this is not a fetich site...so I must try to think in multiple directions.

What if a girl wants to try her hair up, but she has no length to do so?  She can do so.

There's nothing more teasing to man to play with hair length... wait? Her hair was this length and now its that...now...it's different?  How did you do that girl?  Guy comes up to girl.  She wins!

Like it or not, hair extensions are here.  Guys know about them.  Girls know about them... it will eventually become important for girls to use them.  As long as celebs are using them, then other girls will...the problem with society is that what is media wins.  I hate it...you hate it...maybe...but it always has an effect and we'll need to be ready for it.

embrace it...or weep... basically.

So I must begin to love it!
Guys like me notice!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic