Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help plz mystery product n more

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GUEST! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUEST! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help plz mystery product n more
    Posted: March 25 2004 at 8:45am
ok well heres me, im 16,m
my hair is naturally brown but dyed back (fading :()
my hairs not very long at the miniute , goes to about just below my eyebrows.
and i need a LOT of help
ok heres some general things im having problems with (sry if this is a massive post)

Washing problems: dont know how often i should wash it really, i have problems that why i towel dry it, the ends (bangs) kinda slightly curl to one side, how do i stop this?

Styling problems: well i recently got alot of help from the mens hair part of this website , but its dead there, im trying for a kurt cobainish kinda hair style, but having trouble since i never had long hair before and i cant get advice from anywhere elce lol.

i live in england by the way so i cant buy all theese wierd american products that i get suggested all the time. the problems im having is that i dont really know the right products or how to apply them to get the style i want, im going for 1/2 possible looks , seing which will suit me best, heres teh pics:

and this

here is a copy of what i have been told, **Okay...looking at the site, here's the products I see that stand out (keep in mind I have not hear of many of these brands and am going by their descriptions):

John Frieda Ready to Wear miracle masque 125ML
-Looks like a good deep conditioner for you.

John Frieda Frizz Ease 5 minute manager 200ML
-This one looks like it might be good, even if you aren't going to blowdry. Since your first post, I wrote to them and got a spec sheet on all their products. I am reading now that this product has a ph of 4.94, which should help close down the hair cuticle and add some natural shine (and help tame fly-aways). If you use this product, I would suggest lightly spraying through the hair right after you're done conditioning and towel-drying the hair. This would be your first step in the styling process.

Studio Line Invisible liquid gel NORMAL
-This looks like it would be a good light gel for you. This would go on afte rthe last product (5 minute manager) and you could hold your head upsidedown while you apply it...work it lightly through the hair and kind of finger-shake the hair to start getting some separation. Then use that wide-tooth comb to comb the hair into a general shape and then I would set the style by spraying some of the gel in my hands and working it through the tips - especailly at the bangs where you want the hair to just kind of fall. From there, you could air dry the hair or lightly blowdry. Just make sure the hair is dry before you proceed with the next product.

ASDA Styling wax pro-vitamin 50ML
-This seems like it might be a good product that also conditions. You would probably want to use this only in small quantities, at the end of styling your hair...i.e. only use a little on the tips of dry hair and not all over, but only on a few sections here and there to create some separation.

Shock Waves Creative clay 75ML
-This looke like a really cool product if you have already used the other pomade/wax but you want even more chunky separation. What I mean by this is that the other pomade/wax serves a purpose, but you can only put so much in your hair before it starts looking greasy. You mentioned in several posts, wanting to avoid the greasy look...so this product might be great for you to add more separation on top of the other products. Because it is a matte-finish clay, it will tone down the shine you have added with the other products. The key to these type of clay "pomades" is to use it sparingly and pull only through the tips and sections of dry hair. I think you'll like this product more if you layer it on top of the other styling products I have mentioned**

now heres the problems im getting, this guide is for the 2nd hairsyle, but i would really like to know what product is used in the 1st one, because my experience with gel was just to stop my hair from curving to the side a bit and it just locked my hair in a bundle and then left all white residue all over where as this picture, i know u can only see the sides of that hair from the hat but i would really like to know how to achive a similar style

its the kinda effect i get after strong gel but without the white bits, also it takes like a day for me to get a crappy, but kinda similar look

so what i do at the min to style my hair is, after towel drying my hair till its very damp, i kinda brush the towel downwards on my hair, then put a little deep conditioner all over,next, i put some invisigel in my hands and put my head upside down and then work it all over, then i do the same with a little wax, i have a few problems with frizz , but i hope this will go away when i buy the anti friz spray. for the bangs, i suck at them, i just use heavy gel to make then into kinda points which i brush back with my hands to the sides of my face,it doesnt exactly suit me that much, but when i find out the mystery product i hopefully will be able to. my hair is slightly puffed out when i just added all that stuff, hopefully anti frizz would fix that, but i usually wash my hair at night and sleep and its looks ok in the morning, the ends of my hair kinda suck coz i had a bad barber though, thats why i use gel to keep it together.

if u wanna see the brands i mentiond go to
www.adsa.co.uk and on the shopping/online shopping/take a look/toiletry and pharmacy/hair care/styling products :D.

im using fructis sleek and shine shampoo and conditioner at the min, dont know if thats good for me at the min.

thx very much guys sorry about it being so long, if i think of anything elce i forgot to add ill whack another post in.

one bit i forgot to mention on the pic with hat, it on the sides of the bangs, it looks streight like it would if it had been gelled, but it looks dry and theres no residue, i dont get it :D

thx so much guys :D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic