Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Growing Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scissorsxperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scissorsxperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Growing Tips
    Posted: October 01 2010 at 5:42am
Some hair loss experts have discovered that people have excellent hair growing results by following the Zone Diet, which is low in fat. Many other hair care experts recommend the Zone Diet as very helpful for hair care concerns.

Here are some other hair growing tips:

Eliminate or cut back on smoking, caffeine and carbonated sodas which weaken the body and block maximum hair growing potential.
Eat a healthy diet. Avoid foods that are high in sugar or fat.
Treat your hair like a piece of fine old lace. Treat it carefully avoiding any unnecessary brushing, combing or handling.
Avoid use of hot water, hot blow dryers or other hair care tools that may stress the hair.
Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.
Do a series of ongoing hot oil treatments to protect the hair's shaft.
Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.
Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 15 2011 at 7:57am
kaileesteven01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaileesteven01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 1:39am
Well, given tips are very useful. Apply the oil on the scalp and give yourself a scalp massage. Remember to massage your scalp every day for ten minutes, a good oil with herbs, such as Mira hair oil. In combination with herbs, oil massage helps the hair grow faster.
joel07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joel07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 12:22am
Here are some more.Shampoo as often as you need to. Many hairstylists say that the more you shampoo the more hair you'll lose hair. In fact, shampooing regularly helps unclogs oily pores and dead skin cells.

When applying shampoo or conditioner, don't use your fingernails to scrape through your hair. Instead, use your palm and fingertips to massage your scalp and hair gently, in circular motions. This will help the circulation and also help to keep your hair shiny and smooth.

Avoid using strong shampoos, gel, hair spray, dying and bleaching your hair. The following drugs used in some shampoo products are a big cause of hair loss: Clofibrate (Atromis-S) and Gemfibrozil (Lopid), cholestero - fighting drugs, all have been known to be a cause of hair loss.
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 12:30am
Okay I do hair treatment on my hair such as hair rebond and I observe my hair becomes dry so this year I decided to stop it and embrace my natural hair.

Edited by Kirbie - May 27 2011 at 12:31am
albertswoods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albertswoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 8:48am
Tips for healthy growth of hair are :
1 Regularly massage hair with coconut oil
2 Massage hair with bhrami oil before going to sleep in night
3 Eat nutritious food diet
4 Take sufficient sleep
5 Drink more water
6 Use natural hair care products
7 Avoid stress and do not bind hair tightly.
Jemeskenri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jemeskenri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2011 at 9:00am

Here are some other hair growing tips:

1. Eliminate or cut back on smoking, caffeine and carbonated sodas which weaken the body and block maximum hair growing potential.
  2. Eat a healthy diet.  Avoid foods that are high in sugar or fat.
  3. Treat your hair like a piece of fine old lace.  Treat it carefully avoiding any unnecessary brushing, combing or handling.
  4. Avoid use of hot water, hot blow dryers or other hair care tools that may stress the hair.
  5. Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.
  6. Do a series of ongoing hot oil treatments to protect the hair's shaft.
  7. Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.
  8. Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.
jamesajack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesajack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2011 at 12:28pm
Following are the hair growing tips :
- Don't forget to apply oil.
- Comb out hair properly.
- Don't apply oil in wet hairs.
- Protect from pollution.
- Bath twice a day.

elevate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elevate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 12:31am

Here are the steps to help with faster hair growth

1. Grind up half a cup of black dal or lentil, one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds into a coarse powder. Mix well into half a cup of yogurt and apply to the scalp. Leave this on for 2 hours and then rinse.

2. Massage warm castor oil and almond oil to your scalp once a week.

3. Mix amla powder with one egg. Apply to your hair and leave on for a half hour.

4. Take equal parts of lime seeds and black pepper and grind them up. Add water and apply to your scalp on a regular basis.

5. Combine raw mango pulp with oil for a year and then apply to your scalp regularly.

6. Make a paste of hot olive oil, honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and apply to your hair 15 minutes before bathing.

7. Take herbal powder triphala and mix it with aloe vera and apply it to your hair. Do this for a period of 3 to 6 months to promote hair growth.

8. Take the juice of coriander leaves and apply to your hair.

9. Combine soaked fenugreek seeds, shikakai powder, reetha powder, amla powder, dried lemon or lime peels plus two eggs. Make a paste, massage this into your hair, and leave on for 20 minutes. Wash your hair using a good herbal hair shampoo that contains hibiscus.

10. Boil together 1 cup of mustard oil and 4 tablespoons of henna leaves. Filter it and bottle. Use this combination on a regular basis to prevent bald spots and help with growing hair

11. Create a paste of olive oil, honey and cinnamon powder and massage onto the scalp. Leave this on for 15 minutes and then use a mild shampoo to wash it off. You will want to do this at least a few times a week.

12. Make a paste using fenugreek seeds and water. Massage onto the scalp after oiling it and leave it on for one hour. Wash this off and repeat this process every day for a month.

13. Combine one egg, 2 ½ tablespoons of milk powder and 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil. Leave this on the scalp for 30 minutes and wash it off.

14. Create a shampoo using 100 grams each of amla, reetha and skikakai. Boil in 2 litres of water until the liquid is reduced by half. Use this shampoo at least once a month until your hair becomes thick. This will also help boost growing hair

15. Drink 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar with one glass of water with meals 2-3 times a week.

16. Make a smoothie of banana, honey, yogurt and skim milk. Make it a habit of drinking this smoothie every day.

christinadepth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christinadepth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2011 at 9:02am
If you have any hair products containing sulfate or alcohol in your bathroom, throw out! It helped me a great deal. I can not describe the damage to the hair, I have been cut and re-start. This is really coming, I credit to eliminate most of the sulfate.
DubMaster21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubMaster21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 7:17pm
Drink water, get enough sleep.

citytreats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citytreats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2011 at 2:32am
The best way to grow your hair naturally is to eat right food and to massage your hair regularly with some good oil and then wash it with good shampoo. I am doing this for quite some time and it really helped me to get strong hair back.
fadrickstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadrickstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2011 at 7:32am
It's important to protect your hair during the different seasons.  

Now that it's Winter following these tips to take care of your hair:

1.  Wind and frigid temps can damage strands.  Always keep hair covered in freezing temperatures.
2.  Use a humidifier indoors to combat dry heated air.  If you don't have a humidifier then boil water on the stove to add moisture to the air.
3.  Perform weekly deep conditioning treatments.
4.  Oil the ends of the hair every day - or as needed.
5.  Stay hydrated to keep strands hydrated.  Drink water and healthy fluids.
6.  Avoid cleansing hair more than necessary.
7.  Never use hot water to wash no matter how wonderful it feels.
8.  Detangle hair every night before sleeping to keep ends healthy.

Edited by fadrickstar - December 24 2011 at 11:14am
juancruize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juancruize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2012 at 5:14pm
These are some tips for Hair Growth :
Massage the Scalp with pure coconut oil.
Apply a mixture of almond oil and gooseberry juice with finger tips on the scalp.
Take a calcium supplement or drink two glasses  of milk a day.
Wash hair with tea once in a week.    
Charlesadler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlesadler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2012 at 11:12am
Hair is a important part to get a attractive look. Mostly women are well take of our hair. As per my view we are using a natural thing for washing our health. I prefer to use a natural shampoo. I am doing a regular coconut oil massage. It is good to improve my hair growth.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic